Make a donation

Author Topic: Missfire early morning only on mk5 GTI  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Scuba

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Missfire early morning only on mk5 GTI
« on: January 21, 2014, 09:15:10 am »
Hello

i am facing a missfire early morning only on my MK5 GTI 2007 2.0 FSI as below
when i turn my car early morning and  drive for couple of miles 2 miles maximum i face randomly missfire each day on different cylinder some times on cylinder 2 other time on cylinder 4 or even cylinder 1.
what i do is removing the spark clean it with carburator cleaning install it again and drive normaly for the rest of  day .on the second day in the morning will face same problem on same cylinder or different one i should clean the spark as well.
i have replaced the sparks same problem occure.i have insert 1 bottle of injectors cleaner in the tank but with no luck.
any idea on this error is it related the gaz ?as i am always filling from the  same gaz station

thanks

Offline Phillyf21

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Missfire early morning only on mk5 GTI
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:19:09 am »
Sure ive read that this is a common problem on the mk5, think it was in the long term tests by evo or whatcar or..... and this was on a brand new car, I may be wrong though.

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 01:33:11 pm »
Coilpack?  What error is it chucking up?

Try some Nology Silver D4YS.

Offline Scuba

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 02:01:45 pm »
it is not related to coil pack i had a miss fire on cylinder 2 i removed the coil pack to cylinder one problem was still on cylinder 2 i have removed the sparkplug from cylinder 2 to cylinder 3 i had missfire on cylinder 3 i have cleaned the spark plug with carburator cleaner problem solved i have tried this combination couple of times .
i have replaced the spark plugs same issue occure.is there any problem can occure from the gaz i am susspicious about the gaz can it be ?becasue i have the tank full so it needs time to get empty

Offline OSB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 03:22:31 pm »
You definitely need to run the car on the best fuel you can. Most folks here say Shell Nitro or Tesco 99.
NEVER cheap or low octane stuff - it really does affect performance and starting.

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 07:41:24 pm »
Why is it Gaz's fault?

Offline Dj.Duffa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 10:34:07 am »
It's said that low octane fuel clogs the injectors and also won't help with carbon build up on the valves!

If you have sticky valves the fuel cleaner you added won't touch them as the tfsi is direct port injection!

Offline Scuba

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 03:38:18 pm »
hi Dj.Duffa

you said that If you have sticky valves the fuel cleaner you added won't touch them as the tfsi is direct port injection! in this case what should be done a seafoam solution ?

thanks

Offline Dj.Duffa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 01:43:02 pm »
Well you can remove the intake manifold to start and check the valve stems to see if they are indeed clogged!

Now you maybe able to clean it a bit with carb cleaner.. But I wouldn't recommend it! And your really only going to able to touch the inlet valves that way..

The only real way is to remove the head and valves and have the head properly cleaned.. If you do that May as well have the head ported and polished!

Also check the valves for any cracks etc!

I believe on AXX I think there is a tip for either valves or head issues!  

People are saying a water/meth injection kit will help it building back up in the future!

I take it all your coils are good? There is a recall for them! Could they all be breaking down?
Have you checked the pcv valve? There is a bit inside that breaks and it blocks it!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:47:28 pm by Dj.Duffa »

Offline Scuba

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 03:09:03 pm »
hey guys

just to update you on the status ,it seems the problem from the gaz ,what i did i have removed more than half of the tanks i have added arround 20 premium gaz from well know station and added bottle of injector cleaner it is been 4 days since that without any problem.
i will empty  the tank again in order to add gaz from the same station to get rid of old gaz
it seems there was something with the gaz in my tank on cold weather it was not burned well

Offline Scuba

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 09:54:28 am »
this is to confirm that since i have changed the gaz station i am now running without any missfire ,than yesterday i have repolaced the DV as recomended by most of you as mine is revision C ,frankly i was a bit shocked due to the difference between the revision C and the new one, first of all i have increase in boost most than imagined it is now like a rocket  as well i can feel the difference in fuel consumption on the dash board  .
thanks everybody for the precious information.

thank you all