Make a donation

Author Topic: Help, car has high idle and raises then drops  (Read 3057 times)

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Help, car has high idle and raises then drops
« on: February 08, 2014, 01:16:28 pm »
As above, the car is idling at about 1500rpm and then will jump up to about 1700 and drop back down to 1500.

Was sticking while accelerating but took the MAF sensor plug off and put it back on and this seems to have stopped but the high idle remains... Any ideas guys?

Offline DomBacon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Help, car has high idle and raises then drops
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:19:16 pm »
Mine was doing this and it was because my pcv valve gave up on me :(

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 01:24:02 pm »

This...

What happens when you take out the oil dipstick when idling? Does it idle more smoothly?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 02:44:40 pm »

This...

What happens when you take out the oil dipstick when idling? Does it idle more smoothly?

Didn't make any difference but after reading through other forums and I think it may be the PCV valve

Did this resolve the problem?

Offline championv6

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • R32 DSG Stage 2 Revo
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 10:24:06 am »
I had similar problems when i purchased the car
It appears the problem was the MAF sensor, it was oily and needed a clean with contact spray
The problem was whoever serviced the car before i bought it put to much oil on the performance panel filter
CAR - VW Golf mk5 .:R32 DSG - Reflex Silver, 5 Dr, Leather Recaro sports seats, Sunroof, TPMS, Armrest, Highline with MFSW, Glove Box Cooler, Winter Pack and Luxury Pack 2
MODS - BBS RS861 Alloys, Full front/rear window tints, Milltek Manifolds & Decats, Resonated Miltek Exhaust,  K&N Panel Filter, H&R Lowering Springs, Revo stage 2 remap
ICE - Pioneer Double DIN DVD Player, JL Audio 13w7 sub, JL Audio 1000/1 amplifier, Alpine PDX F2 4 channel

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 11:07:00 am »
It appears the problem was the MAF sensor, it was oily and needed a clean with contact spray
The problem was whoever serviced the car before i bought it put to much oil on the performance panel filter

Oh okay, I've owned the car for over a year now and it's only just started, what did you use to clean it?

Offline championv6

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • R32 DSG Stage 2 Revo
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 11:13:36 am »

Oh okay, I've owned the car for over a year now and it's only just started, what did you use to clean it?
I just used electrical contact cleaner and it instantly solved the problem, i had juttering that bad that my DSG would stall!
I purchased mine from toolstation even WD-40 may do the job you would have to read the label first though
CAR - VW Golf mk5 .:R32 DSG - Reflex Silver, 5 Dr, Leather Recaro sports seats, Sunroof, TPMS, Armrest, Highline with MFSW, Glove Box Cooler, Winter Pack and Luxury Pack 2
MODS - BBS RS861 Alloys, Full front/rear window tints, Milltek Manifolds & Decats, Resonated Miltek Exhaust,  K&N Panel Filter, H&R Lowering Springs, Revo stage 2 remap
ICE - Pioneer Double DIN DVD Player, JL Audio 13w7 sub, JL Audio 1000/1 amplifier, Alpine PDX F2 4 channel

Offline championv6

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • R32 DSG Stage 2 Revo

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email