Make a donation

Author Topic: VW Customer Service (corrosion)  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Gman30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
  • Mk1 GTI to a MK5 GTI Edition 30
    • Email
Re: VW Customer Service (corrosion)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 09:04:05 am »
Phoned Breeze in Poole 3 Times Friday to speak with service dept about Servicing my Ed30 and speaking to someone about the sills..

On the third attempt I was told someone would call me back..

Needless to say I'm still waiting for my call back! FFS!!

Can no where supply a good service these days!

:mad:

Offline gav69

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 07:59:22 pm »
Well after a 2 month wait finally got warranty work done. Did not get a courtesy car for the week car was in which caused a few problems but happy with result  :smiley:

Replace both Front Wings
Repair both Sills
Remove Rear Bumper
Repair Boot
Repair Both 1/4's
Replace Boot Badge

All I needed to pay was £120+vat for blending doors = £144
Car valeted
Happy with that, thanks VW  :happy2:
Hope everyone else gets same joy.

Offline Degudodger

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 08:28:02 pm »
Well after a 2 month wait finally got warranty work done. Did not get a courtesy car for the week car was in which caused a few problems but happy with result  :smiley:

Replace both Front Wings
Repair both Sills
Remove Rear Bumper
Repair Boot
Repair Both 1/4's
Replace Boot Badge

All I needed to pay was £120+vat for blending doors = £144
Car valeted
Happy with that, thanks VW  :happy2:
Hope everyone else gets same joy.

Result!
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 10:19:33 pm »
I have been a few times to VW in darlington where i was told i would get it done free of charge.. made an appointment to get the car seen and the issue's checked.. told i would be contacted... months later still haven't been contacted.. Only thing is I'm now in Preston.. Do i go to the nearest VW Dealer in Preston and try there?

Offline gav69

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 12:09:17 am »
Aye Carl if you had car checked the guy at Darlington prob took photos of areas needing repaired. I would speak to the guys at Preston and tell them to contact Darlington for Job Reference No and to forward pics throo via email. If they say they have no recollection of job then just tell them you were promised repairs for free. It shouldnt be a problem but would be good if you knew the guys name who checked your car. I had to wait a few month but I kept on at them and thought I was being ignored but the guy had said they would be startn warranty work after the new year so keep on at them but ask to speak to Bodywork manager.

Hope you get it sorted.
Have u got it at all the areas I had?

Offline dav1e

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 09:51:38 am »
I bought my mk5 from a non VW garage in Nov , its red and I didn't notice the start of corrosion on the front wheel arches till the sun was shining on it one day. I got in touch with my local VW and they said no probs about getting the wings replace but i would have to pay 50% which was £450. About 2 weeks ago they phoned back and said that they had the ok from VW but that if I put the car into my local VW for a major service at £299 VW would pay the full cost of the warranty job on the wings plus blending in the bonnet and front doors. I did this and the car goes in on Monday for the wings. Suppose £299 is better than £450 but the car is 8 yrs old so why does 12yr warranty not cover it? Strange!

Offline gav69

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 01:21:46 pm »
Thats a cracking deal you got there Davie. Bonnet and doors blended also. Thatl sort the stone chips out aswel ha.
Getting full service will help you if you decide to sell or upgrade anyway so win win. I would just double check the other areas for bubbling before taking it in so you dont have to go through it all again.

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 01:52:12 pm »
Aye Carl if you had car checked the guy at Darlington prob took photos of areas needing repaired. I would speak to the guys at Preston and tell them to contact Darlington for Job Reference No and to forward pics throo via email. If they say they have no recollection of job then just tell them you were promised repairs for free. It shouldnt be a problem but would be good if you knew the guys name who checked your car. I had to wait a few month but I kept on at them and thought I was being ignored but the guy had said they would be startn warranty work after the new year so keep on at them but ask to speak to Bodywork manager.

Hope you get it sorted.
Have u got it at all the areas I had?

At the moment its just the drivers side front arch and when i had it checked over the lady said the passenger side is starting to bubble slightly so hopefully if i ring up VW in Preston and arrange to come down or explain over the phone.. hopefully they will do something about it this time.. Is it best to ask to speak to the bodywork manager as soon as they pick the phone up? Im a bit of a novice at this and not the kind to go all out on confrontations etc so I'm just hoping they'll do what was said nearly a year ago

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 01:56:08 pm »
Forgot to mention.. that my car is also an 05 plate.. should that have any effect at all? its still supposedly under paint warranty from what i know due to it not being over 12 years old yet.. Plus if i ring up sometime this week is there any points i can bring up to push them to do it for free like they should?.. I read somewhere that someone mentioned something being wrote in the service manual that it says something about being eligible for full paint repairs if within the 12 year paint warranty

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 02:41:35 pm »
I did start another thread and I may aswell give my feed back from my local VW dealer Marshall (formerly Bridgwater VW).
My car is a 07 56plate. I have a small bubble on the front corner of my bonnet and rust coming through the boot lid number plate lights and handle. Arranged to meet the warranty chap this morning, took him 15 mins to manual measure the paint depth, average 100-150 on all panels measured. He then took photos on his own iPhone and said he will send off his report to VW. He said it may take a few weeks to get an answer. He seemed to imply that it would not cost me, but let's wait and see.

Regarding the customer service at this branch, I called back twice after waiting 3 days for a promised call back. It does seem that they are more interested in selling new cars rather than maintaining there present customers. Also today my car is having a service and cam belt change at a locally sourced Indy as this is saving me £200 on VW astronomical labour rates! I don't think it will make much difference to the resale value as it's now done 148000.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:21:25 pm by Stanipkiss »

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come