Make a donation

Author Topic: URGENT HELP... AGAIN!!!!  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
    • Leicester Wedding Photographers
    • Email
URGENT HELP... AGAIN!!!!
« on: February 07, 2014, 05:29:06 pm »
Hi Guys,

Recently had my car battery changed after it went completely flat.

Just gone out in my gti and was driving for about 10 minutes... I come to a stop and all of a suddent my radiator fan sped up so fast that the whole car was vibrating and sounds like a bloody jumbo jet!! it does this found about 10 seconds then slows down very fast... 10 seconds later it repeats this over and over again.

Also when I lock the car, some of the doors dont lock and the indicator lights come on and stay lit as if the alarm was going off (my alarm doesn't make a sound as its broken).

When my headlights are on, I cant also flash my main beams. Just the normal lights stay on!
Also just found out after a few seconds the dashboard lights go out! My indiacators arent working... my fans in teh car wont come on..

Does anyone have any ideas what may have happened????? I really need to get this sorted. I have disconnected the battery for 15 minutes and re connected it and it is still doing it!

Any help would really be apreciated!!! I really don't know what could be causing this!!
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:53:09 pm by Craigh1983 »

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: URGENT HELP... AGAIN!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 06:43:44 pm »
You need to scan the car with VCDS. Sounds like an electrical problem or a short somewhere. Without VCDS it would take hours to trace the fault down.

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 06:54:59 pm »
Hi Guys,

Recently had my car battery changed after it went completely flat.

Just gone out in my gti and was driving for about 10 minutes... I come to a stop and all of a suddent my radiator fan sped up so fast that the whole car was vibrating and sounds like a bloody jumbo jet!! it does this found about 10 seconds then slows down very fast... 10 seconds later it repeats this over and over again.

Also when I lock the car, some of the doors dont lock and the indicator lights come on and stay lit as if the alarm was going off (my alarm doesn't make a sound as its broken).

When my headlights are on, I cant also flash my main beams. Just the normal lights stay on!
Also just found out after a few seconds the dashboard lights go out! My indiacators arent working... my fans in teh car wont come on..

Does anyone have any ideas what may have happened????? I really need to get this sorted. I have disconnected the battery for 15 minutes and re connected it and it is still doing it!

Any help would really be apreciated!!! I really don't know what could be causing this!!
Thanks
You need to scan the car with VCDS. Sounds like an electrical problem or a short somewhere. Without VCDS it would take hours to trace the fault down.

I have noticed that the possitive connector  and negative connector that connect to the battery are very dry and have no lubricant on them. Could this be the cause of this kind of fault? Maybe the connection is poor?

I really don't know how im going to get the car hooked up to a computer as I dont know anyone with one and I can't get my car to a garage as I can't even indicate. I don't suppose anyone lives in the Leicester area willing to help me out at all?

I am at a loss of what to do really.

Thanks

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 06:58:51 pm »
Shame i don't live in your area - find your local friendly forum member with VCDS here - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,120.0.html
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 07:15:51 pm »
Shame i don't live in your area - find your local friendly forum member with VCDS here - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,120.0.html

Just messaged someone in my area. I just hope they get in touch and can help.

Totally had enough of this car now to be honest. One thing after another. Its not like i can even take it to a bog standard garage as I dont trust them with the gti's. I would rather take it to someone like Alex at AKS tuning but I cant get it there.

Not happy at all! :-(

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 07:17:22 pm »
I have noticed that the possitive connector  and negative connector that connect to the battery are very dry and have no lubricant on them. Could this be the cause of this kind of fault? Maybe the connection is poor?

I really don't know how im going to get the car hooked up to a computer as I dont know anyone with one and I can't get my car to a garage as I can't even indicate. I don't suppose anyone lives in the Leicester area willing to help me out at all?

Thanks

Hello mate. Not necessarily. You can always take them off, clean them up and put them back on but you don't need any lubrication on them. It could be a poor connection due to rust on the surface but normally this wouldn't give issues like your high beam not working, etc.
As mentioned there's a list of people's locations, try PM'ing some of them or posting up a request for some Vagcom in your area, alternatively you may need to pay a small fee to a garage for a computer diagnosis, but if you do make sure they do it properly (as in not just scan it print it off and tell you to go away lol)

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 07:23:03 pm »

Thanks

Hello mate. Not necessarily. You can always take them off, clean them up and put them back on but you don't need any lubrication on them. It could be a poor connection due to rust on the surface but normally this wouldn't give issues like your high beam not working, etc.
As mentioned there's a list of people's locations, try PM'ing some of them or posting up a request for some Vagcom in your area, alternatively you may need to pay a small fee to a garage for a computer diagnosis, but if you do make sure they do it properly (as in not just scan it print it off and tell you to go away lol)

To be honest the terminal leads have no rust at all and are clean inside.

There are so many things happening at once. At one point it was saying my car door wasnt shut when it was. I can flash the high beams when I first turn the key to get the dash lights on and then after a minute I cant flash the high beams. The blue glow dash lights also go out. The fan dials and all that area doesn't light up or even come on at all.  The Stereo comes on as normal. The car wont lock properly and the indicator lights come on so the alarm must be being triggered. Also wipers dont come on and indicators work for a minute along witht he high beam and then stop coming on.

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 09:09:52 pm »
Ignition switch connection block failure cause some crazy faults or check you engine bay fuse box for corrosion on the fuse links!

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 09:13:40 pm »
worth checking. But I do think its a bit strange how I had a new battery installed and it started doing these faults from this point exactly.

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 09:15:18 pm »
Was the battery ever connected the wrong way? Shorted out when it was fitted or anything?
What is the specification of the battery, make of it, model number, etc?
Check all the fuses I would suspect if you do have any issues it'll be the HUGE ones off the front of the fuseblx.

Offline john a

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 11
    • The Veneers Cover Band
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 09:16:15 pm »
Well I've replied to your pm anyway Craig

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 09:46:58 pm »
Was the battery ever connected the wrong way? Shorted out when it was fitted or anything?
Check all the fuses I would suspect if you do have any issues it'll be the HUGE ones off the front of the fuseblx.

Well the new Battery was actually fitted by a garage so I suspect that it was fitted properly?

The battery is http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Golf_2.0_2006/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/electrical/car-battery/?444770270&1&d43be109897ea186cb7bcc0581793ab871578f59&000020

Well I now have John A from the forum coming round tomorrow morning to try diagnose the fault for me so he will hopefully check the fuses. It's so nice to know that people on this forum will give up their time to help. Really appreciated :)

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 09:47:35 pm »
Well I've replied to your pm anyway Craig

Just PM'd you back mate :)

Offline Craigh1983

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 09:50:01 pm »

Well the Exide battery that i posted a link for was recommended by the guy at euro car parts so I do hope that this is the right kind for my car?

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 10:46:56 pm »
Whereabouts are you Craig?