Make a donation

Author Topic: Intake cleaned the RON ECHT method  (Read 12824 times)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
Re: Intake cleaned the RON ECHT method
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 10:33:08 am »
 :congrats: :congrats: what a top man  :happy2:
ill give this a go this weekend! 
just a few things....
you don't fully press the button on the sprayer when injecting the fluid-incase too much goes in?
does removing the sensor cause a fault code?

thanks for the help so far  :notworthy:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 10:38:23 am »
just a few things....
you don't fully press the button on the sprayer when injecting the fluid-incase too much goes in?

Right...full throttle on the trigger will drown it and stall your motor. If you close up the tip, and reduce the volume coming out, you may be able to fully depress the trigger and set it in its lock position...it took over five minutes to deliver 12 oz's. I myself will likely play around with one of the tips too ;p

The CEL illuminates but disappears when you reattach the sensor ;p
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 10:47:19 am »
just a few things....

Right...full throttle on the trigger will drown it and stall your motor. If you close up the tip, and reduce the volume coming out, you may be able to fully depress the trigger and set it in its lock position...it took over five minutes to deliver 12 oz's. I myself will likely play around with one of the tips too ;p

I thought that might be the case..
great stuff, and mineral spirits is white spirits over here so ive just found out after looking up mineral spirits and seeing its all coming from the us :signLOL:

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 10:49:44 am »
Great video, if I do this it'll not be done on my driveway  :happy2:
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2013, 10:57:45 am »
It is a rather clean process...the moisture behind the exhaust tips quickly evaporated leaving absolutely no sign that I was ever there ;p
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59:43 am »
just a few things....

I thought that might be the case..
great stuff, and mineral spirits is white spirits over here so ive just found out after looking up mineral spirits and seeing its all coming from the us :signLOL:
You are ready to proceed ;p There is some extra tips in the vid's description...plus I always check in here  :drinking:

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2013, 11:08:00 am »
I take it this doesn't clean the valves due to the DFI ??
'07 Red manual

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2013, 11:21:41 am »
DFI? don't force it? ;p No, it doesn't thoroughly and spotlessly clean them, but it does reduce the carbon build-up keeping misfires, valve guide and seat wear, and bent valves away.
I do mine every 10k miles...but the OP posted pics in his first post of his 60k + build-up and reduction. I never have misfires myself, so likely due to repetition. 

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2013, 05:23:08 pm »
DFI? don't force it? ;p No, it doesn't thoroughly and spotlessly clean them, but it does reduce the carbon build-up keeping misfires, valve guide and seat wear, and bent valves away.
I do mine every 10k miles...but the OP posted pics in his first post of his 60k + build-up and reduction. I never have misfires myself, so likely due to repetition. 
Great video Brad, love the spray pattern. On my car it had 120k miles on it so the difference in the bore scope pics is massive after only one application. Hopefully the white spirt will have no effect on catalytic converters but if people are worrying I guess another product which is cat friendly, such as Redex/Wynns maybe used. Mine is a decat do I have no worries.
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2013, 10:35:47 pm »
Thank you, this way will be much easier for more to keep them running at top performance. Regarding the cat...I have used the spirits every 10k with a 400cell non-metal cat on a TectonicsTuning T/B from 40k on...I hope all remains good too. You may be familiar with BG44K products?...The main solvent in it is15%-40% mineral spirits. Their msds's is where I got the idea for my choice of solvent. http://bgfleming.com/products/bg/fuel.aspx

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2013, 07:19:33 pm »
ok ive just done this..
pump sprayer wasn't great as I messed the end up trying too get a better fit..
none the less it worked.

was hard work trying too keep it at idle but once done we were away.

car runs a lot better,  its on 70k now and this is the first time its been done.
biggest improvement is start up..starts much faster now each time.
mpg is better and general sounds os cleaner.

well worth a go for half hours work  :drinking:

Offline cuprajake

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,72567.0.html
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2014, 02:55:51 pm »
I'm tempted to do this also. As mines a hare over 50k now.

May even be able to get before a d after pics
Tornado red ed30 #0728