Make a donation

Author Topic: New to the site but not VW  (Read 1101 times)

Offline tonkajon

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • I am not happy unless im spannering my VAG ;)
New to the site but not VW
« on: February 09, 2014, 06:55:12 pm »
Hi My name is Jon

Im new to this forum but not to VAG cars! have owned, maintained and modified several golfs GTI's and Passats and am currently in a 2.6 V6 Audi 80 Cabriolet. I am a pretty practical chap and have an extensive tool collection that I have named  :signLOL: im a bit sad like that! haha. I have worked on everything from MK1 Gti's to LHD MK2 GTi G60's and also keeping my mums 1998 MK4 Golf rolling and serviced. Have even helped rebuild a Lancia Delta Intergale EVO 1 and 2 and anything is easier than working on them!

I have recently been working on a friends T5 Transporter replacing / rebuilding the turbo and blanking off the egr valve lowering it 45mm and its now on 20" BBS style rims, next is a custom retrim some serious ICE.

This year im searching for a new mk5 Gti to replace my Audi as its getting long in the tooth! id love to take to stage 2 maybe 3 depending on what parts I can source! Im currently looking for a MK5 GTi black, 3 door, manual as Im old fashioned and dont trust the DSG boxes as I can replace a normal clutch myself but wouldnt know where to start with fixing a DSG!

have been reading the forum for ages and have only just been able to join due to the site admin issues great forum btw!

all the best

jon
Jon :)

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: New to the site but not VW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:59:12 pm »
Welcome. You'll love the GTI. Good luck with the search. Just try and get a good spec one  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline tonkajon

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 07:58:15 pm »
Thanks

trying to find anything decent with a decent spec is a challenge especially if your picky like me haha! I have had loads of older golfs and have been studying MK5's for some time! Have been searching with a good friend and fellow forum member Liam0205 he has recently got and ED30 DSG and had a go and it has re inspired me back into golfs!

The only extras im not fussed about is leather really as I can get a full leather retrim from a mate who is a trimmer for aston martin for a few hundread quid and a few ales. And can get OEM parts from a Towcester VW in northants as I have a mate that works in there who also has a MK5 GTi.

I would like to ideally lower it ideally with coilovers, either refurb or uprate the brakes first either TTRS calipers or similar depending what is easier to fit. and get a set off BBS ED30 pescara wheels. Then add more power as and when required with maybe a remap exhaust and turbo upgrade with a larger free'er flowing intercooler! I have a friend thats a fabricator so might go for a custom exhaust and intercooler but ill see if I can butter him up! 

Jon

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 09:51:20 pm »
Welcome on board Jon!  :drinking:

Lots of plans there fella, happy car hunting.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline tonkajon

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 10:18:24 pm »
Have also invested in an enormous compressor a shed load of air tools and a sand blasting cabinet

so if there is anybody you know round the beds, herts, bucks, northants area that needs any blasting doing on the cheap im more than willing to oblige

im not after a massive profit just a few quid to go in the GTi fund! and maybe a new sack of grit when required!

im located smack bang inbetween junc 14 & 15 on the out skirts of Milton Keynes!

cheers

Offline Wardy91-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 10:42:23 pm »
Welcome along Jon  :smiley:

Offline Bennybear

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 09:15:39 am »
Thanks

trying to find anything decent with a decent spec is a challenge especially if your picky like me haha!

Found a suitable car yet mate?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 09:26:26 am »
welcome to the forum Jon..keep checking the sale section on here as some nice spec gti do come up for sale

Offline tonkajon

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 01:34:48 pm »
Thanks

trying to find anything decent with a decent spec is a challenge especially if your picky like me haha!

Found a suitable car yet mate?

I found a few possibilities but nothing that has made me withdraw handfulls of cash over! its prooving to be a harder task than I thought! I want a quality original, not one that looks like its crashed through the front window of halfords!  :signLOL: