Make a donation

Author Topic: Car rental with EU cover  (Read 903 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Car rental with EU cover
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:38:37 pm »
Can anyone recommend a national car hire company that either include EU cover in the listed price, or charge less than £90 extra for cover in the EU?

I recently got a quote for around £65 on a Mk7 Golf to take for 3 days, but adding EU cover more than doubled the quote  :sick:
I'd like to deal with a company that puts all this upfront and clearly states the charges and cover - anyone got any experience and can point me to a decent company with EU cover in the hire?

Thanks,
Pete.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
Re: Car rental with EU cover
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 02:24:33 pm »
I got a van for 3 or 4 days last year to take to Paris, and it didnt seem THAT much extra. This was from National. Plus you can normally find voucher codes for decent money off.
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 04:15:15 pm »
I got a van for 3 or 4 days last year to take to Paris, and it didnt seem THAT much extra. This was from National. Plus you can normally find voucher codes for decent money off.

Cheers Dan.

Is the price you see online the price that includes EU cover, or not (with National)?
Pete

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 08:17:49 pm »

Cheers Dan.

Is the price you see online the price that includes EU cover, or not (with National)?

It was extra. Im sure there was an option when i ordered online?
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 10:44:35 pm »
You'll find almost every company loads European hire, the risks are more as are the mileage usually. Our loading is £15 per day on a European hire with a one of charge of £30. Ours come full set up? Headlights adjusted and all the necessary kit.

Good luck with your search.
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 05:42:58 pm »

Cheers Dan.

It was extra. Im sure there was an option when i ordered online?

The only issue is before the EU cover is even factored in, National are 60-150% more expensive Dan. In fact, they seem extortionate compared to Argus who for the same or similar car, are the best I've found so far.

You'll find almost every company loads European hire, the risks are more as are the mileage usually. Our loading is £15 per day on a European hire with a one of charge of £30. Ours come full set up? Headlights adjusted and all the necessary kit.

Good luck with your search.

Cheers Oli. If you were close to home, we'd be talking prices.
I don't mind the extra costs but you have to drill so far down or read a bunch of T&C's before it becomes even half clear. In some cases, the EU cover price isn't stated on the website, just that there is a further charge.

I don't mind paying the extra - I just want to know the total cost up front! Which is the battle with these bloody places  :fighting:

:pomppomp:
Pete