Make a donation

Author Topic: New Edition 30 owner  (Read 1528 times)

Twc003

New Edition 30 owner
« on: February 09, 2014, 03:34:43 pm »
Hi Guys and Gals
Finally managed to register on the forum! :jumpmove:
I have bought a 5 door black manual Edition 30. I saw a thread seeing how far people had gone to buy their car, well I walked less than a minute up the lane to a neighbour to buy mine! I had always admired his car and saw it advertised on ph for a good price so I bought it! It's mint with a good spec, although hasn't got an armrest or highline comp which is a shame. Can these be retro fitted??

It has been mapped (stage 1) so it does get up the road very nicely! Done by AMD Woking, are they good mappers?

It also has the mfd2 sat nav fitted which is a bit rubbish but will do. I would really like a hands free fitted to the car. Any recommendations that will work with this system? It's had an ipod lead fitted so maybe this will have to be removed prior to a handsfree being fitted?

Anyway I'm sure I'll have loads more questions to ask.........more power.......brakes.......suspension........ :jumping:

Cheers.

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: New Edition 30 owner
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 03:37:06 pm »
 :worthless:

Sounds good! get some pics up!
3dr Reflex Silver GTI | BBS VZ | Eibach Sportlines | Cumbria

Offline George10

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 03:49:31 pm »
Get some pictures up.
Answering you question about highline clusters these can easily be retrofitted. There's a guy on here called Eddie-nl, he's the man to talk to about fitting and setting them up for you.

Armrest is simple also.

You shouldn't need to lose your iPod cable to allow hands free. Depending what headunit you have you can fit a Bluetooth box which allows you to have hands free. Loads of people do this but the Bluetooth module isn't cheap.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 04:01:04 pm »
Welcome on board.  :drinking:

Yeap, EVERYTHING can be retro fitted. Have a look in my build thread, I've posted the part numbers needed for a full VW Bluetooth kit. Had mine supplied and fitted by Ed, cost something like £160-£180 IIRC all in, was a while ago though.

Oh and......... :worthless:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Wooosh

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 04:27:09 pm »
Welcome mate, but like the rest said...  :worthless:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Saintsteve

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 05:20:37 pm »
Welcome along..but I might be wrong, but if your car hasn't got centre arm rest, your car might be an import, especially if it's an Ed30.
Have you got the log book?

Twc003

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 10:02:45 am »
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I'll get some pics up when I stops raining and I can give it a good wash, I live in the sticks and the car is already filthy!

The Bluetooth module sounds perfect. Anyone know who could fit for me down south in the Salisbury/Swindon area?

Re the car being an import, I'm not sure to be honest, it does have a build plaque no. 423 but it did originally come from Motorpoint, the log book isn't back to me yet but I don't recall seeing anything on that about it being an import.

Is there any other way to tell?

Not that bothered either way really but would be interested to know!

Saintsteve

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 11:11:19 am »
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I'll get some pics up when I stops raining and I can give it a good wash, I live in the sticks and the car is already filthy!

The Bluetooth module sounds perfect. Anyone know who could fit for me down south in the Salisbury/Swindon area?

Re the car being an import, I'm not sure to be honest, it does have a build plaque no. 423 but it did originally come from Motorpoint, the log book isn't back to me yet but I don't recall seeing anything on that about it being an import.

Is there any other way to tell?

Not that bothered either way really but would be interested to know!

Best way to confirm its a uk Build is to call VW customer services and they will be able to tell you if build 423 is correct to your chassis,and not just a badge bought separate to the car,as those were floating on eBay a while ago
Worth getting it confirmed, but doesn't take away the fact you've bought a fantastic model car  :happy2:

Do you have digital climate control or 3 analog dial'd air con in the dash??. If it's digital then it more then likely UK build.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:13:15 am by Saintsteve »

Offline formulaclean

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 11:59:45 am »
welcome mate :)

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 12:59:48 pm »
Welcome along..but I might be wrong, but if your car hasn't got centre arm rest, your car might be an import, especially if it's an Ed30.

Not true  :innocent:

But then imports had armrests and didn't have armrests , so the word "Might" is apt , like it also might be a "Cut and shut"  :rolleye:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 01:20:54 pm »

Centre arm rest was an option on UK cars so a lack of one won't mean the car is an import..?

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Saintsteve

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 04:08:18 pm »

Centre arm rest was an option on UK cars so a lack of one won't mean the car is an import..?

Was that the Lux Pack??

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 07:25:01 pm »

Was that the Lux Pack??

No, the front centre armrest was a stand alone option on all Mk5 gti/ed30s (£145iirc), the only gti it was standard fit was the Pirelli  :smiley:
Luxury pack (1) was folding mirrors and puddle lights and luxury pack (2) added reverse dip and dimming function to the mirrors..

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline Gra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 09:01:08 am »
Welcome fella!!
Arm rest is a must have my pirelli has one and I don't think I could live with out it lol just be carefull they are pretty flexible lol 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk