Make a donation

Author Topic: Lads Holiday Advice  (Read 991 times)

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Lads Holiday Advice
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:13:51 am »
Hi all,

I'm after some advice for a lads holiday please. There will be 6-8 of us, ranging from 21-26. We are looking for somewhere with good scenery, nice beaches, a few things to do and good nightlife for some of the nights, but don't want to be in the centre of the nightlife and would rather be a taxi ride away.

I've been to Zante before but went in May with the family and the few nights we did go out it was quite quiet, does Zante still have good nightlife in the peak season?

I also thought of Ibiza but heard the clubs are very expensive and I think this would take the fun away

Any suggestions on destination, resort or hotel please?

Thanks  :happy2:

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Lads Holiday Advice
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 07:27:20 am »
Iv been to Malia and Ayia Napa and all I can say is neither even compare to Ibiza!

Ibiza is amazing! It will probably cost you near double of what most places will cost but it is so worth it! The big clubs are expensive, like £50 a ticket and drinks are a lot but because they are so big its quite an experience going there. I went last year and spent £1500 spending money in a week. But to be honest one of my friends only spent £800. I just went there with a care free attitude and made the most of it.

I stayed In San Antonio in the Ibiza Rocks Hotel. Best hotel iv been in for that type of holiday. Good local strip similar to Malia etc but the super clubs are only 5 mins away in a taxi and 2 in walking distance by the beach.

If you went to Zante etc then you wouldn't be disappointed and would love it, but if you go Ibiza you would never consider anywhere else other than Vegas maybe. 

Offline arris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 07:54:55 am »
Pretty much this! ^

I went Ibiza then Zante then Ibiza.

Zante when I went about 4 years ago I had a awesome time.

Saying that I'd go back as it's a lot cheaper and everything is on one strip, and you don't feel the need to spend £50 to get into a top club because there isn't any.

But no way does it compare to Ibiza.

Saying that few of my mates now have commitments this year so we are looking for a cheaper holiday.

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 09:48:56 am »
If you go June/July is the busiest times for the party islands so go then, in august it starts to quieten down.

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 09:50:07 am »
Napa and Malia are cheap and cheerful, a good laugh for the more casual clubbers.

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 09:55:17 am »
Ibiza is good if your into your music, always a big DJ or artist playing everynight. In my hotel we had a big artist come in twice a week and play a set below the hotel balconies by the pool. That was a pretty decent experience to pre drink too!

If you went to a club in Ibiza your have people like Calvin Harris, Nero, Annie Mac etc having sets where in Malia etc its just some random DJ playing all the big name music. Its just never as good.

Offline Adam-golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • Derv!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 09:59:39 am »
Sankeys in Ibiza. It's not a touristy club and all house music. Place to be. Or dc10 which is in the middle of no where but a good club

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 12:42:57 pm »
Thanks for the advice everyone but I think Ibiza will be too expensive for some of the lads, are there any good alternatives to the usual Kavos, Malia, Napa?

Offline Luke383

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 06:12:22 pm »
IBIZA. End of  :jumping:

Offline jimojameso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 06:22:29 pm »
Another vote for ibiza and i've been to most places. None compare to the white isle  :party:
2010 Audi TT RS - Sepang Blue - 420BHP, 600NM

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 10:31:57 pm »
Ibiza again for me this June, 4th year running.. once you've been bitten by the bug  :drinking:
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)