Make a donation

Author Topic: New Ed30 Owner in Amersham  (Read 3226 times)

Offline Rayhoop

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
New Ed30 Owner in Amersham
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:55:44 pm »
Hey
Thought I'd check in and say Hi!
I have been lurking for quite a while as I was looking for a mk5, but was unable to register... but today is my lucky day!  :happy2:

I recently bought an Edition 30 from a gentleman in Upminster.
Metallic Grey (Elisha?), 3 door, manual.  Lowish mileage.  Totally standard apart from the wheels being powercoated and colour coded to the car.  Not something I would have done but it is growing on me  :smiley:

Really pleased with the car so far.  Great drive, just what I was after.  It is just over 52k miles, has had the timing belt + pump done etc.  Just going to keep it standard whilst I make sure everything is good and performing as it should.  Then maybe... just maybe start down the addictive path of modding!

I'm an existing Club GTI member.  Having previously owned 2x mk1 GTIs and a MK3 VR6.  I'm intending to keep hold of this Ed30 for as long as is justifiable... hopefully that will be "a very long time"  :wink:

There is some fab info on this forum.  A real credit to the members sharing their findings.  Looking forward to taking part and contributing.
Ed30 #1185

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: New Ed30 Owner in Amersham
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 03:50:34 pm »
Welcome -  :worthless:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:56:32 pm »
Pics!
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline George10

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 07:23:40 pm »
 :worthless:

Offline Rayhoop

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 10:15:24 am »
Wow there have been a lot of new sign ups since I posted!

Some pics of my car as it is now.

Tucked away in my garage.

You never know - someone here may be familiar with the car!  If so, let me know  :happy2:
Ed30 #1185

Offline George10

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 10:53:08 am »
Best colour  :happy2:

Liam0205

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 11:55:42 am »
Congrats

Its almost identical to mine except mines DSG and the wheel colour is standard.

Good luck with keeping it standard....thats what I said about 3 weeks ago and am already making some small plans.  :laugh:

Offline Rayhoop

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 01:04:36 pm »
Cheers guys!

I agree on the colour.  The more and more I see it, the more I think it is the best colour for the car.

Mods wise.  It will be kept standard for a while, but for sure I will be modding it!  However, that course I take will be determined by niggles I want to iron out.

I'd quite like a remap (just because you can lol), but find that even as standard it takes some smooth driving to get a good launch.  The weather doesnt help either, and my tyres will need replacing soon.  So will see how things are in the dry (if the rain ever stops) with new rubber.

Ed30 #1185

Offline Wooosh

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 02:46:32 pm »
Welcome mate, another Edition 30 owner you chose the best colour I see Steel Grey! :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline V2 FAN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
  • Porsche 911 inbound
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 04:58:49 pm »
Lovely looking car, same as mine  :driver: except for the wheels.

You got yourself the Ltd Edition plaque yet ?

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 05:37:16 pm »
Welcome on board!  :drinking:

Looks like a nice Eddy you have there (even if it is grey)  :wink:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 09:42:30 pm »
Welcome!

Looks as though you have a cared for example there. I'm biased on the colour of course, but it looks very good.

Am sure the forum will help you spend your money. I bought my ED30 with no plans to modify it, apart from an up-to-date head unit / ipod interface. How that has changed...!

Am sure you will enjoy your car - they drive so well. This forum has already helped me on some of the cheaper preventative maintenance tasks which VW would charge an arm & a leg for in labour (new Diverter valve, PCV gasket, etc).

Make sure you get a build thread going in the Members rides section :happy2:

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline Nico2904

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 08:47:22 pm »
Whooa! That color is just perfect. Looks like it is in a stunning condition  :happy2:

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 12:51:02 pm »
Hey
Thought I'd check in and say Hi!
I have been lurking for quite a while as I was looking for a mk5, but was unable to register... but today is my lucky day!  :happy2:

I recently bought an Edition 30 from a gentleman in Upminster.
Metallic Grey (Elisha?), 3 door, manual.  Lowish mileage.  Totally standard apart from the wheels being powercoated and colour coded to the car.  Not something I would have done but it is growing on me  :smiley:

Really pleased with the car so far.  Great drive, just what I was after.  It is just over 52k miles, has had the timing belt + pump done etc.  Just going to keep it standard whilst I make sure everything is good and performing as it should.  Then maybe... just maybe start down the addictive path of modding!

I'm an existing Club GTI member.  Having previously owned 2x mk1 GTIs and a MK3 VR6.  I'm intending to keep hold of this Ed30 for as long as is justifiable... hopefully that will be "a very long time"  :wink:

There is some fab info on this forum.  A real credit to the members sharing their findings.  Looking forward to taking part and contributing.
Steel Grey's are always welcome !

Offline Rayhoop

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 03:18:32 pm »
Lovely looking car, same as mine  :driver: except for the wheels.

You got yourself the Ltd Edition plaque yet ?

Not yet.  Although not sure I will...
a) not sure where I'd put it
b) on howmanyleft it shows there are approx 2200 edition 30s... so is the plaque really worth it..  2200 is still fairly limited, but the plaque reads 'of 1500' doesnt it?

build thread - will do.
Aim this year is to get baseline figures for power/performance and make sure it runs well.  Then figure out what I want to do with it... so this year will just be maintenance really.  Maybe a few posts on dyno charts, 1/4 mile times, handling findings.  The mods will come later.

It does appear to be a nice example!  It has the usual blemishes just starting (front arches, tailgate badge) etc... but it has been looked at by my local dealer and warranty case submitted.  They found the paint all to be original (phew!), but I can see it needs a ruddy good wash, clay, polish, wax.  The paint looks like it has never been polished (or if it has - then it was done badly lol).

Interior is mint, leather still soft, although there is dust in little dashboard/vent crevices etc that I'll try to tease out with some interior foam and a soft bristle brush.

All to be done bit by bit.  This will be a gradual improvement car - having 4 month old twins at home means I cant justify spending a lot of time on the car at the moment.  In the past - before children, a 8 hour session of diy detailing would not have been uncommon.. and before the wife... 4 days non-stop of working on the car/engine rebuilds etc would not be uncommon lol.  Now I am lucky to get 15 mins to go put fuel in it!
Ed30 #1185