Make a donation

Author Topic: Quick eBay question.  (Read 928 times)

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Quick eBay question.
« on: February 14, 2014, 04:56:12 pm »
Afternoon everyone.

I have recently ordered an Item through eBay which was scheduled to arrive on the 6th Feb, the seller has provided a tracking number through Royal Mail which I have checked and it hasn't had an update since the 8th,  simply says it is being processed through their delivery network, Upon a quick telephone conversation with them a representative informally tells me it is most likely lost in their system and wont arrive at all - it was meant to be next day delivery.

Anyway, I appreciate that the seller is not strictly at fault and they have done everything they were meant to but upon registering that the item has not turned up they tell me that Royal Mail will not consider the item lost under 28 days have passed and therefore I must wait before I can claim a refund or replacement.

Is this correct?

Many thanks  :happy2:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:00:21 pm by Veee-dubber »

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Quick eBay question.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 05:22:44 pm »
NO raise a case against the Ebay seller after 8days.
Then follow the Ebay case rules, there is a time limit to raise a case.
Follow the rules and you will get your money back.
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 06:53:33 pm »
I have opened a case but the seller simply responded saying that royal mail don't consider them lost yet so I have to wait... not entirely sure how to push it forward from here?

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 06:58:24 pm »
The failure of Royal Mail (or any courier) to deliver is not your concern. You bought an item and (presumably) paid the seller for delivery. He has responsibility for delivering the item to you irrespective of what Royal Mail do with it.  You shouldn't (or can't) raise the issue with Royal Mail as in effect you are not their customer.

As said, chase the case through Ebay and stick with it.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 07:05:07 pm »
I have had this before, the way it should work is that the seller refunds you now and then they can put in a claim after 28 days for the value of the item they have lost.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 07:11:16 pm »
Hello We have your item Item BV032563294GB was posted at 114 High Street SL6 1PT on 04/02/14 and is being progressed through our network for delivery. Unfortunately Royal Mail does not consider an item lost until 28 days has passed. However, we will continue to monitor this and update you soon "

would anyone suggest a response?

I don't want to come across as a C*nt as I appreciate its not really their fault but at the same time I want to get my point across that its not my problem and it is in fact theirs to sort out.

:happy2:

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 09:44:56 pm »
"While I appreciate it's unfortunate for you that Royal Mail have lost your parcel which should've been delivered to me, that doesn't mean I am prepared to wait for them to find it. Your chosen delivery method has failed and I'm without the item I paid for.  I cannot liaise with Royal Mail as I'm not their customer, you are. So while you wait for Royal Mail to either find it or agree they've lost it. I would appreciate a refund.

If the item turns up at a later date then I'll just refuse the delivery and it will be returned to you."
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 09:34:08 pm »
Thanks bud appreciate that