Make a donation

Author Topic: MkV GT TDI 170 DSG - Blue Graphite [Sunday Clean]  (Read 23832 times)

Offline chris-182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
Re: MkV GT TDI 170 DSG - Blue Graphite [GTi Side Skirts]
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2014, 08:58:07 am »
Main dealer labour costs are just a joke! at least its sorted now anyway  :happy2:

As if they have damaged it twice? i hope they are fixing both the scratch and the steering wheel!

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: MkV GT TDI 170 DSG - Blue Graphite [GTi Side Skirts]
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2014, 09:03:55 am »
They better bloody had do. My theory is that it's being done by some monkey who "cleans" the cars.

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: MkV GT TDI 170 DSG - Blue Graphite [RNS & Shades]
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2014, 01:11:41 pm »
Finally got hold of an RNS-510 (revision H) which came with a 9W7 Bluetooth kit for the nice price of £400 all in :happy2:

Unfortunately the Bluetooth is not compatible with the red highline display without a £120 adapter so I'll be looking to sell / swap that. The RNS is installed though and I am very impressed with it actually, the navigation is particularly responsive and recalculates routes on the fly without hesitance.

I still haven't managed to install the updated CAN Gateway yet as, after spending forever hunting it down only to find it virtually unreachable from inside the car, I gave up with it going dark! I've made a jumper cable mod for the fuse box to avoid battery drain until I can get the CAN done and hopefully find someone to help code it :innocent:

Out with the RDC-300, in with the RNS-510:

==========================================================

Also new, as of this morning, are a set of Sonniboy window shades. They literally took 10-15 min to fit and are a really nice piece of kit.
Here's a rubbish phone pic for now but I'll be sure to do some comparison shots of before and after as I know people are always looking for this.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:16:05 pm by MikLSP »

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2014, 10:16:13 pm »
Thanks to the kind help from Bacillus my CAN gateway is installed and the RNS-510 is fully functional with AUDIO and NAVIGATION showing on the highline display :happy2:

Offline Timepillow

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2014, 12:02:58 am »
Very nice! so want my radio upgrading now!  :happy2:

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2014, 01:02:06 am »
Did you decide against that RCD-510 that was for sale on here?

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2014, 01:35:18 am »
Some better pictures of the Sonniboy shades here, plus I have posted a before / after comparison set HERE

:happy2:

Offline Timepillow

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2014, 09:28:24 pm »
Did you decide against that RCD-510 that was for sale on here?

I was going to buy it but it was sold when i was gonna ask!  :sad1:

Offline Beattie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
Re: MkV GT TDI 170 DSG - Blue Graphite [Sonniboy Shades]
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2014, 10:10:40 pm »
You've got a good thing going on here mate, got a similar styled tdi myself. Havent updated my build thread for over a year now but I like what your doing. Keep it up! :happy2:
MK6 2.0 GT Tornado Red.

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2014, 10:48:58 pm »
Thanks for your comment CDB, always appreciated :happy2:
I hope it can inspire you to get some updates of our car up here.

By the way, it's great what 15 minutes with some Gunk degreaser and a toothbrush can do...

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2014, 10:53:50 am »
Nice and clean GT Sport. Love the colour!

The GTI/GTI Ed. 30 front spoiler would be a good addition. Colour-coded spoilers and side skirts would also look great. :smiley:

Cheers

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: MkV GT TDI 170 DSG - Blue Graphite
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2014, 11:13:47 am »

I don't think I want to colour code the skirts, I actually like the black accents. Will probably get the upper half of the rear valance done at some point but it's not a priority for now.

I keep meaning to do a bit more with the carbon vinyl and look at getting a new steering wheel

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: MkV GT TDI 170 DSG - Blue Graphite [Sunday Clean]
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2014, 11:09:31 pm »
NOt much going on in the way of changes at the moment but after a good Sunday clean and polish I took a little trip up to Jubilee Tower for a couple of new photos :happy2:

Offline L5 TUW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • SimplyFocused
    • Email
Re: MkV GT TDI 170 DSG - Blue Graphite [Smoked Mirror Indicators]
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2014, 01:42:26 pm »
Finally got around to fitting these smoked indicator lenses to the wing mirrors, replacing my bright silver (and broken) ones.
It wasn't as difficult as I'd been led to believe and some of the guides on various forums are a little over the top, I didn't need to remove the whole mirror adjustment mechanism for example.

I think these are a mod which compliments other aspects of the car more than the actually stand out in their own right, definitely go well with the GTi headlamps and cherry tails.

Also, I am a little disappointed with the fitment of these, they are just not quite the right size and don't sit as flush as the originals; there's a bit of a gap between the wrap around end and the mirror housing for example. Maybe the InPro ones are a better fit than these from Germany?

I have a 2007 (57 plate) GTD 170 not DSG though and my headlights are already the GTI dark ones that you fitted so i presume these must have been an option ? I am loving the work you have done so far, can you send me a link the where you bought the smoked 'windicators' from, as you say they compliment the darker headlights really well :) Keep up the good work

Rgds
Stuart

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: MkV GT TDI 170 DSG - Blue Graphite [Sunday Clean]
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2014, 02:13:36 pm »
Cars after 56 should all be badged as GT Sport on the front (2.0 TDI on the back I think) and came with the dark headlights and gloss black grille insert as standard.
Mine was the single year that came badged as GT front and back and had the silver lights and body coloured grille.

I think some other options such as cruise control and the convenience pack may have become standard on the GT Sport as well.

The mirror lenses were from goingfast.com via their ebay item. You can either buy through ebay as normal or contact them on there and they will send you a direct buy link at a discounted price (as it saves them on ebay fees), which is what I did :happy2:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:21:19 pm by MikLSP »