Make a donation

Author Topic: what do you find irritating?  (Read 83241 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: what do you find irritating?
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2014, 05:03:46 pm »
Cyclists who ride in the middle of the road (30cm from the kerb i thought it was), even worse is cyclists who ride side by side on country lanes.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2014, 06:45:09 pm »
The bridge over the m9 at grangemouth,  quite often has a police camera van sitting on it, most of the miopic old farts driving about 60  ( which i suppose must be like piloting the USS Enterprise compared to the model t ford they passed their test in) slam on their brakes when they spot the van. One day there is going to be a massive pile up here, ffs its a f#######g motorway you really can drive at 70 and not get proscecuted feffin retards

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2014, 07:46:01 pm »
that lottery programme on Saturday nights, it really irritates me how the contestants witter on before answering the questions, don't they get it that the quicker they answer the questions the more money they will win. Also Dale Winton slavers a lot of crap all the way through it, obviously gets a bonus for keeping the jackpot low. I am surprised one of the poor sods that don't get picked don't snap and shout over to the ones answering the questions to "fu####g hurry up, we want on as well"

Offline bigeyd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 31
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2014, 12:05:53 pm »
Bearded men wearing dresses winning the Eurovision….seriously wtf is this world coming to

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2014, 07:55:17 pm »
Cyclists who ride in the middle of the road (30cm from the kerb i thought it was), even worse is cyclists who ride side by side on country lanes.

Er - back to the Highway Code for you!

They're (it is "they're" - I don't want to resurrect an earlier post) taught to ride at least a metre away from the kerb, and more at pinch points.  The thinking is that they dissuade people from squeezing through a marginal gap.

...and if you're leaving as much room as the Highway Code says, which is as much room as you would for a car, then two abreast makes them easier to pass because the joint overall length is shorter.  According to the good book, they must not be more than two abreast. 

Don't flame me.  I'm not going to defend every cyclist any more that I'd defend all GTI drivers.  I might ride a push bike from time to time, but motorcycles, HGV (class one), PCVs and Mk5 GTIs much, much more!

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2014, 10:51:55 am »

They're (it is "they're" - I don't want to resurrect an earlier post) taught to ride at least a metre away from the kerb, and more at pinch points.  The thinking is that they dissuade people from squeezing through a marginal gap.

They're (They are)
Their (They own/posess)
There (A place)

Bring it back up you just did.

Cyclists on the road are a pain, 2nd class citizens  :signLOL:

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2014, 12:38:52 pm »
my lass :signLOL:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2014, 12:43:53 pm »

...and if you're leaving as much room as the Highway Code says, which is as much room as you would for a car, then two abreast makes them easier to pass because the joint overall length is shorter.  According to the good book, they must not be more than two abreast. 

Don't flame me.  I'm not going to defend every cyclist any more that I'd defend all GTI drivers.  I might ride a push bike from time to time, but motorcycles, HGV (class one), PCVs and Mk5 GTIs much, much more!

Where do you live that people are "taught" how to ride a push bike?  :stupid: :signLOL:

And if they're riding to the Highway Code they might wanna skip to the page that says a red light on a traffic light means stop  :congrats:

Offline Jakesangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2014, 03:21:42 pm »
Bin men, or more precisely those dustcart drivers who feel a compulsion to to stop, load then unload the bins in the middle of the bloody road stopping all traffic flow when they could quite easily just pull over to the kerb and do it. But oh no, that would be too easy. Its probably the highlight of their miserable lives. :mad:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2014, 04:34:03 pm »

Where do you live that people are "taught" how to ride a push bike?  :stupid: :signLOL:

And if they're riding to the Highway Code they might wanna skip to the page that says a red light on a traffic light means stop  :congrats:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: Beat me to that.  :signLOL:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2014, 05:19:24 pm »
Cyclists ride 2 abreast to make it easier and safer for a vehicle to pass them , it shortens the length of the overtake , 2 cycles one behind the other are at least 25 feet long , 2 cycles side by side are only the length of the bikes . This is why you will find alot of cyclist riding like this , afterall road safety is alot more important to a cyclist due to their vulnerability  :innocent:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2014, 12:23:23 am »
People selling parts at almost market value  :stupid:
Surly by 2nd hand rule things should be 75% or less than new price always has been in my book :signLOL:

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2014, 08:13:19 am »
People at work who phone you up immediately after sending you an email to tell you they've sent you an email.

Me - Hello
Them - Hi, I've just sent you an email
Me - p*ss of then and give me time to read it
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2014, 06:56:43 pm »
People that sit and clam benefits and get free cars and are well off for f**k all! Just about everyone around here that clams are conning the system I know for a fact there is sh*t all wrong with them. Why do they need to give all these fancy cars out for? Why not just say like a list of say 3 cars to pick from with cars such as kia's there is no need for every car under the sun to pick From.

Every nice sunny day I come home for work to find these Cnuts sitting out in the sun having a cold beer, smiling and laughing. Probs laughing at me 'look at that fool who works his arse off as we sit here having fun and getting payed for it'  :fighting:  :fighting: