Make a donation

Author Topic: what do you find irritating?  (Read 83199 times)

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: what do you find irritating?
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2014, 10:01:08 pm »
Every time I'm outside washing my car and people walk past and say "oh you'll wash it away" or "you'll polish it away" thinking its funny, it wasn't funny when I was 17 and it sure ain't funny 4 years later. Why not just say hello for fook sake ha

Every time now I'm machining someone's car I get passers by say "oh wanna do mine next" and I say sure for £150 they soon lose their smile and piss off.
Headphones works wonders just ignore people then

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2014, 10:06:00 pm »
I saw someone stop on a motorway slip road when they could have easily accelerated past the lorry
Morons.

^this too!!

Forever seeing idiots trying to join a 70mph road at 40mph  :fighting:

Then they stop at the very end of the slip road as if it is a junction  :stupid:

The slip road onto a motorway (or dual carriageway) is in fact a give way junction. If there's no space available on the motorway to join, then you must give way and wait at the line for a suitable gap to join.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2014, 10:27:43 pm »
I saw someone stop on a motorway slip road when they could have easily accelerated past the lorry
Morons.

^this too!!

Then they stop at the very end of the slip road as if it is a junction  :stupid:

The slip road onto a motorway (or dual carriageway) is in fact a give way junction. If there's no space available on the motorway to join, then you must give way and wait at the line for a suitable gap to join.

Exactly
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2014, 10:28:39 pm »
Yes, that's fine, but when there is space for people to accelerate but they slam their brakes on, it's a hazard.

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2014, 10:36:18 pm »
Someone tried to outrun a tanker getting on the M5 at Bristol tonight but in an old 106, he clearly left it too late and the tanker had no choice to pull into the middle lane. I was a few cars back watching in slow motion for the pile up to commence! my face was  :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:
for the whole journey home.

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2014, 10:39:38 pm »
Morons.

^this too!!

Exactly

I agree.

HOWEVER, my gripe is with people expecting to join a 70mph road at 40mph, if they were doing 70mph it's easy to slip into a reasonable gap as you are matching the speed of the traffic, or worst case you would have to brake and lose some speed to slip into the traffic.

If you are trying to join a busy motorway at 40mph you need a MASSIVE gap to accelerate to 70mph which is why they needlessly pose a hazard by sitting at the end of the slip lane  :stupid:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2014, 07:55:53 am »
People who get all political on Facebook and start to bombard your timeline with their opinions making out they are clearly the ones in the right and everyone else is wrong. I tend to find mostly this is Labour supporters who only seem to be happy when they've got a Tory government to complain about. They bang on about how morally perfect they are when most of them openly celebrated the death of an old lady.

PS this isn't a bias view I really cant stand politics, politicians or any government for that matter they are all a bunch of corrupt w*nkers. (I suppose thats another thing that irritates me lol)
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Broomy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2014, 09:21:29 am »
Drivers who don't indicate & who pull out causing you to brake then they proceed at 20mph... why!!

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2014, 12:08:19 pm »
F*****g miopic old farts, and lately a lot younger ones, who drive on the motorway at 55.5 mph so when I overtake them in my tanker (56mph restricted) it takes about ten minutes to pass them, then by the time you pass them, that's if they don't put the foot down slightly so their up to warp speed ( in their head) of 56 mph, in which case you end up slowing down and pulling back in, so you look like a twat and get abuse from the thousands of drivers stuck behind you in the outside lane. Ffs if I was the traffic police I would make a fortune prosecuting these c****s for obstructing traffic.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2014, 12:58:23 pm »
Plastic bed sheets  :ashamed:

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2014, 01:46:01 pm »
Wheel bolts, surely the dumbest idea ever, what was wrong with studs, at least when you put the wheel on it lined up instantly, and stayed in place till you fitted the nuts.  "NUTS OR WHAT"

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2014, 01:55:13 pm »
Every time I'm outside washing my car and people walk past and say "oh you'll wash it away" or "you'll polish it away" thinking its funny, it wasn't funny when I was 17 and it sure ain't funny 4 years later. Why not just say hello for fook sake ha

Every time now I'm machining someone's car I get passers by say "oh wanna do mine next" and I say sure for £150 they soon lose their smile and piss off.
Headphones works wonders just ignore people then
yeah, do they think that after 4 hours washing and polishing our 2 cars, sweat running down my ass crack ready to pass out, that I am going to do it all again for them?. When I look at some of their cars, honestly you would be at it for about a week before you found out what colour it was

MPS

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2014, 10:05:22 pm »
HGV drivers who sit a foot away from your rear bumper on a 50mph section of dual carriageway. No pal, I'm not going to speed up for you and get a ticket, thanks. :angry015:

Offline Adam-golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 9
  • Derv!
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2014, 07:33:31 am »
Plastic bed sheets  :ashamed:

You shouldn't still be wetting the bed

Offline Bow