Make a donation

Author Topic: what do you find irritating?  (Read 83276 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: what do you find irritating?
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2014, 03:47:39 pm »
Why dont we just ship all the work shy benefits claimers off to Gibraltar and when we know they all there, hand Gibraltar back to spain  :signLOL: :signLOL:

Altho seeing as its Tax payers money thats bailing spain out already, not sure it would work?.

Edit, after handing gibraltar back we immediatley drop out of the Eurozone  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2014, 07:06:11 pm »
Yeah, I pass a row of terraced houses on the way back from work every day, and on hot days like today after sweating my arse off since 5am , you see all these f#####g lazy b######s that have never done a days work sitting on old sofas, sunbathing, drinking had laughing without a care in the world, while their vast brood of kids play on a f######g trampoline. And I think , its daft c####s like me who keep you in this lifestyle, not knowing if I will even have a pension to live off when I retire. I would tie the b######t to a conveyor belt separating waste for 12 hours a day.

Offline sootpig

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2014, 08:17:00 pm »
The SLS AMG (the one with gullwing doors) reg H4 WEE that passed me this morning quickly followed by a Nissan GTR  :fighting: :fighting:
Ever so slightly jelous as well as irritated

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2014, 08:22:33 pm »
Cyclists who ride in the middle of the road (30cm from the kerb i thought it was), even worse is cyclists who ride side by side on country lanes.

Er - back to the Highway Code for you!

They're (it is "they're" - I don't want to resurrect an earlier post) taught to ride at least a metre away from the kerb, and more at pinch points.  The thinking is that they dissuade people from squeezing through a marginal gap.

...and if you're leaving as much room as the Highway Code says, which is as much room as you would for a car, then two abreast makes them easier to pass because the joint overall length is shorter.  According to the good book, they must not be more than two abreast. 

Don't flame me.  I'm not going to defend every cyclist any more that I'd defend all GTI drivers.  I might ride a push bike from time to time, but motorcycles, HGV (class one), PCVs and Mk5 GTIs much, much more!

Where do you live that people are "taught" how to ride a push bike?  :stupid: :signLOL:

And if they're riding to the Highway Code they might wanna skip to the page that says a red light on a traffic light means stop  :congrats:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: Beat me to that.  :signLOL:

OK, I got flamed but I'll risk it again.

They're - used in the context of  "they are taught..." and so correct.
Where do I live?  England.  The cycling proficiency test is now called Bikeability and my daughter's doing it next week.  I wouldn't let my kids ride without proper training and I'm not so arrogant that I think I know it all.
Finally, cyclists who go through red lights, ride on the pavement or without lights at night wind me up, too.  Or didn't you get to my last line? :wink:

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2014, 10:49:39 am »
People on this site you pm, and you know they are online, but don't have the decency to reply.

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2014, 11:14:33 am »
People who complain when it's to cold and then complain when it's to hot  :rolleye:

Offline Tortaruga

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2014, 11:24:22 am »
these f#####g lazy b######s that have never done a days work sitting on old sofas, sunbathing, drinking had laughing without a care in the world
Maybe they work different hours to you?
Anyway, from what I've heard, you actually do have a better lifestyle if you are gainfully employed.
'07 Red manual

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2014, 11:49:36 am »
these f#####g lazy b######s that have never done a days work sitting on old sofas, sunbathing, drinking had laughing without a care in the world
Anyway, from what I've heard, you actually do have a better lifestyle if you are gainfully employed.
believe me they don't work, well  apart from the occassional housebreaking and murdering someone who had the audacity to go to their door and complain about the noise from a party

Offline bbfb10

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83664.0.html
« Reply #205 on: May 18, 2014, 11:57:21 am »
People who assume that because you cant see my disability, that theres nothing 'wrong' with me. I worked as a teacher until two and a half years ago. Once l was diagnosed and signed off work, the amount of people who said words to the affect of 'you dont look ill, why arent you at work' really surprised me. I was hugely upset by some of the comments, so much so that l now dread going into my local town centre in case l see these people again. At times l wish ld got a plaster cast etc to 'prove' that lm ill. There is such a stigma attached to mental illness that no one wants to talk about it, or are, like l was, embarassed to admit to it, for fear of being judged or labelled. Ive lost some 'friends' because of my illness and my way of coping, but l have also gained some new, genuine, friends who take me for what l am and who l am.

Just because you cant see something doesnt mean its not there.

Severe Depression, Severe Anxiety, Bipolar Personality Disorder. There are many more, but these are the invisible illnesses that lm living with on a daily basis. I know l can get better, and lm sure l will, one day.

Never judge a book by its cover.

Sorry for the rant.

Ben.

Full VCDS Hex + Can.

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2014, 02:18:30 pm »

When you live in a small village like me you know who works and who doesn't, people know everyone else business from what they had for dinner to mental health like someone wrote above. I know there isn't any thing wrong with these people to stop them working. I don't judge a book by its cover if I don't know them but I know these people and they are nothing but a waste of space. 1. Get a job. 2. Stop breeding, I hope these wasters take note.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 02:28:48 pm by Chris92 »

Offline Legend

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #207 on: May 18, 2014, 04:43:23 pm »
People that drive expensive cars and you can tell they haven't move a finger to get the money for them. Fraud. Fraud. Fraud. That is all.
Aye, that wan.

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2014, 06:00:12 pm »
People who assume that because you cant see my disability, that theres nothing 'wrong' with me. I worked as a teacher until two and a half years ago. Once l was diagnosed and signed off work, the amount of people who said words to the affect of 'you dont look ill, why arent you at work' really surprised me. I was hugely upset by some of the comments, so much so that l now dread going into my local town centre in case l see these people again. At times l wish ld got a plaster cast etc to 'prove' that lm ill. There is such a stigma attached to mental illness that no one wants to talk about it, or are, like l was, embarassed to admit to it, for fear of being judged or labelled. Ive lost some 'friends' because of my illness and my way of coping, but l have also gained some new, genuine, friends who take me for what l am and who l am.

Just because you cant see something doesnt mean its not there.

Severe Depression, Severe Anxiety, Bipolar Personality Disorder. There are many more, but these are the invisible illnesses that lm living with on a daily basis. I know l can get better, and lm sure l will, one day.

Never judge a book by its cover.

Sorry for the rant.

Ben.

I think you've just put everyone else's "irritations" into perspective.   I consider myself very lucky that the closest I've come was a fractured skull.  My symptoms from that were deeply unpleasant but fortunately temporary.  I honestly found broken legs and sternum  easier to cope with, for similar reasons you gave.  Friends with invisible illnesses like these report exactly the same.  Their advice?  Talk about it and let your true friends show themselves. 
My sincere best wishes for a full recovery.

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline bbfb10

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83664.0.html
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2014, 06:17:40 pm »
SRC. Thank you for your kind wishes.

Means a lot.

Ben.

Full VCDS Hex + Can.