Make a donation

Author Topic: what do you find irritating?  (Read 83292 times)

Offline V2 FAN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
  • Porsche 911 inbound
Re: what do you find irritating?
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2014, 01:41:44 pm »

People throwing cigarettes and other s@@@ out the car windows on the motorway when riding behind on a motorbike.

Feekin handpumps  :popcornsoda:

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2014, 10:13:09 am »
Saving HARD for a house deposit, finally thinking I have enough, go through the mortgage application and get accepted.

Then find out houses and flats in Aberdeenshire are going for £20-50k above valuations  :scared:

So now I have to save for the over valuation price 

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=vgrmi7mgkpob2lcc3i62uk1lff&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2014, 02:25:25 am »
Aberdeen prices will always be sky high.  :mad:

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2014, 12:27:30 am »
When people use the first fuel pump instead of using the one in front and not being able to drive around to use the front one... Especially if on the pump with v power in there ford ka
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #229 on: June 09, 2014, 12:29:41 am »
When people use the first fuel pump instead of using the one in front and not being able to drive around to use the front one... Especially if on the pump with v power in there ford ka

That plus the driver taking their sweet ass time driving away from the pump  :fighting:
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2014, 06:22:37 am »

That plus the driver taking their sweet ass time driving away from the pump  :fighting:

Worse is a combination of those two plus them doing a weekly shop as it's a tesco direct shop aswell as a petrol station  :fighting: :fighting:

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2014, 08:54:26 am »
Aberdeen prices will always be sky high.  :mad:
[/quoste]

As is just about everything else..£4.85 for a pint of john smiths...in a pub, on my last visit!

Och..but the wages aren,t too bad either, enough to attract quite o few of us from the SW to work up there.
Beats selling pasties and ice cream for a living!

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
    • Flickr
« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2014, 09:38:46 am »
I thought Winchester had extortionate beer prices but £4.85 is bloody ridiculous  :stupid:

Offline Simmo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2014, 09:46:30 am »
I thought Winchester had extortionate beer prices but £4.85 is bloody ridiculous  :stupid:

I hear you there mate, walked out of the Black Boy the other day and Im sure I need a new mortgage to cover the bill!

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
    • Flickr
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2014, 09:48:52 am »

I hear you there mate, walked out of the Black Boy the other day and Im sure I need a new mortgage to cover the bill!

I have a theory beer gets cheaper the higher up the high street you go. Royal Oak isn't too bad but my favourite is still the Exchange.

Offline Simmo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2014, 09:56:08 am »

I have a theory beer gets cheaper the higher up the high street you go. Royal Oak isn't too bad but my favourite is still the Exchange.

Think you're right there, I've not tried the Exchange - good opportunity to drag the guys out for a beer to try it out!

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2014, 07:16:41 am »
F*cking Kn*bhead motorcyclists blasting down the inside of you on the M/Way at about 80-90mph, bloke on the M1 on Sunday was literally about a millisecond away from death as the car in front pulled over just after he'd passed, not only could he have ended up in thousands of pieces the carnage he could have caused around him would have been dreadful. :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
Re: Re: Re: what do you find irritating?
« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2014, 08:59:15 am »
F*cking Kn*bhead motorcyclists blasting down the inside of you on the M/Way at about 80-90mph, bloke on the M1 on Sunday was literally about a millisecond away from death as the car in front pulled over just after he'd passed, not only could he have ended up in thousands of pieces the carnage he could have caused around him would have been dreadful. :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:
Car drivers hogging the middle lane doing 60 - 70 mph. Causes congestion, and the inside lane ends up empty apart from a lorry or two.

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline Shaw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #238 on: June 10, 2014, 09:13:54 am »
Car drivers hogging the middle lane doing 60 - 70 mph. Causes congestion, and the inside lane ends up empty apart from a lorry or two.

Realistically, if you intend to drive at the speed limit the opportunity to drive in the inside lane is pretty much non existent as it's full of lorries slipstreaming at 56mph. Even If you do get a chance to drop into the inside lane it's only for 20seconds.

The real issue is people who overtake in the outside lane at 70.1mph and take hours about it. Although it's illegal, I still want to drive at 80, people often think they're doing nothing wrong because they're doing 70 in the outside. :(
'07 Mk5 GTI Manual

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2014, 10:16:16 am »

Realistically, if you intend to drive at the speed limit the opportunity to drive in the inside lane is pretty much non existent as it's full of lorries slipstreaming at 56mph. Even If you do get a chance to drop into the inside lane it's only for 20seconds.

The real issue is people who overtake in the outside lane at 70.1mph and take hours about it. Although it's illegal, I still want to drive at 80, people often think they're doing nothing wrong because they're doing 70 in the outside. :(

This was nothing to do with lane hoggers etc, the motorway was busy but all 3 lanes operating as they should, this inside was full of slower moving vehicles, middle (including myself) moving at approx 65-70ish passing, and the outside lane moving quicker, there was absolutely no excuse for him to do what he did....other than he's a dick that was in a hurry.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.