Make a donation

Author Topic: Removing tail lights (Inners only)  (Read 931 times)

Offline Melvin084

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
Removing tail lights (Inners only)
« on: February 26, 2014, 02:35:11 pm »
Hi I just got some new inner tail lights today, I would just like to check that I'm correct on what needs doing in order to remove the INNER tail lights.

First you remove the two little cases on each side of the inner boot, after you remove the screw that is there and also disconnect the cable, and then the inner comes off?

Im guessing the instruction by the way lol seen as I have never done this before, I just  had a quick look on my car and this is how I'm thinking it needs to be done

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 125
Re: Removing tail lights (Inners only)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 02:50:52 pm »
yeah that's virtually right, remove plastic covers, remove connector from bulb holder twist bulb holder out and remove it, then you will see 2x 10mm nuts at the top and bottom of the inner,carefully unbolt these with a 10mm spanner, (don't drop the nuts in the hatch trim as they'll rattle around until you remove them)

pull inner away from hatch, may seem stuck on as the foam might have kinda glued itself in , but it'll come
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline Melvin084

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 04:29:28 pm »
Thanks for the info mate, really helped :happy2:

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 04:37:39 pm »
I found that getting someone to hold the hatch open so that it remains parallel to the ground when trying to get those nuts is a good idea as, should you drop one of the nuts, it's still possible to retrieve it/them without loosing it/them behind the plastic panel.
Without traction power is nothing!