Make a donation

Author Topic: Retro-fit Autodipping / Folding Passenger Mirrors  (Read 1881 times)

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Retro-fit Autodipping / Folding Passenger Mirrors
« on: October 06, 2009, 11:37:18 am »
As per this reply :-

Very nice. happy2  Folding mirrors can be added - you'll need the mirrors, the switch and the control modules from inside both doors.  It's a plug and play fitment - I've done it to mine.   Wink

In this thread :-

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8019.0

... does anyone know how the auto dipping and folding mirrors can be retro fitted - has anyone actually done this ? If so does anyone have part numbers and an approximate cost - guide ?

Regards,

Gareth

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
Re: Retro-fit Autodipping / Folding Passenger Mirrors
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 11:45:28 am »
When i looked at it parts and labour from VW were about £2k or something silly! Its a lot of work involved!

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 11:46:54 am »
When i looked at it parts and labour from VW were about £2k or something silly! Its a lot of work involved!

Hmmmm, was led to believe it was a LOT less than that - maybe £100 - £200 - Wouldn't be paying VW to do it - would rather do it myself.

Cheers  :happy2:

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 11:52:43 am »
Re. my PM to you, before I did the swop with my mate my VW dealer priced the parts at around £600, even though it's only a £125ish factory option. :surprised:  Everybody seems to slag them off, so find someone that doesn't want theirs, slip them £100 and swop the parts over. :happy2:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 11:54:49 am »
Re. my PM to you, before I did the swop with my mate my VW dealer priced the parts at around £600, even though it's only a £125ish factory option. :surprised:  Everybody seems to slag them off, so find someone that doesn't want theirs, slip them £100 and swop the parts over. :happy2:

I get a "healthy" discount from my local VW dealer - just would love to see how much they'd be.

Regards,

Gareth

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 11:56:28 am »
The labour is the expensive part as its really hard to retro-fit. Its cheaper new because they can put in easily!

Offline golfman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 05:49:20 pm »
Does anyone know if the mirrors can fold out or in when unlocking and locking the car :confused:
maybe a coding thing or something else?

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...