Make a donation

Author Topic: Forum Ring Trip Oct 09 - Pic's, Stories and Videos  (Read 38652 times)

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
Re: Forum Ring Trip Oct 09 - Pic's, Stories and Videos
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2009, 11:50:39 am »

the ring is very special and a challenge, you have to keep going back to master it and you know you never will, track days on conventional circuits seem very boring ( hence the mx5 for me to try make them more fun), i understand the coach thing, but to someone lappin fast a 911 can be in the way, there is always someone faster so no a coach does not bother me, as for the accidents, im yet to go on a track day and not see someone crash, just more visable at the ring due to no run off. matter of taste, not just to get a sticker!!!

....Absolutely! :happy2: - You're only going to 'master' it if you live next door to it and do literally thousands of laps.

As both you and Hurdy are saying: No run-offs at The Ring. Large coaches do bother me. I think the solution would be to have a fixed time for only tourist coaches to go round, but I'd rather see them banned.

As I already said, I like both the Nordschleife and Spa and loving one doesn't mean that one doesn't also love the other! (contrary to how some people here wish to interpret* my posts). Personally I gained a lot of confidence in my car's capabilities from my instructor laps at Spa and that will increase my enjoyment of The Ring next time.

*To quote another member: "you just get the typical over sensitive reactions of some people, who mis read your comment, which is standard when the english language is written and not spoken" - We're all guilty of it - Me included.

^ I don't know what this is but it's very elegant :notworthy:
dont need to live next door, lots of uk residents have done well over 3000 plus laps, like i said got to keep going back, spoke to one lad who had done over 7000!!!!! mind you he could do a 7:20 in a csl :notworthy:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2009, 11:57:39 am »
Over sensitive reactions eh Robin!  :grin:

You do make me laugh!

Know one said you didn't like the Ring anymore, it was just your blatant change in attitude that suprised me! Anyway lets just let sleeping dogs lie now as you don't want to upset all of the admin team on here!  :happy2:

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2009, 12:14:19 pm »

That is the ring.............  The atmosphere, walking up to a chap and talking about his 120k porker, and him being so enthusiastic, and then chatting to the Astra driver who has a grin the size of a Cheshire cat, who has left some some far more track focused machinery in his wake .  Magic! :happy2: :happy2:

....Yes, Mr Balloon, that certainly is something which contributes greatly to the atmosphere of The Ring - But this weekend I preferred my day at Spa. I mean this from a driving point-of-view and I agree that the shared enthusiasm with people met in the 'paddock'/carpark is absolutely great - But I find the same happens anywhere where like-minded enthusiasts gather, if you are outgoing and friendly enough - It's just more international and varied at The Ring.

I expect that my next visit to The Nordschleife, from a driving on a circuit pov, will be more enjoyable - Socially I had a very varied and interesting group of people to share time with there with The Nurburgring Experience. My intentions are to combine it with another trackday at Spa if possible - Such a combination is the best of both worlds IMO.

So when are you going to take your car to The Ring?

Next forum trip will either see my Car or bike on the ring.  This time, i spent a fair bit of time fixing cars, rectifying (lack of attention) mistakes after work had been carried out prior to departure, at reputable tuners.

Give you a pillion on the roads around the ring RR?  Up for it?   :driver:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2009, 12:34:48 pm »
Ha ha ha!

Well, this soon decended into farce, eh?

I'm gonna find that post... that "I'm not going to bother ever wasting my time on a circuit, they do nothing for me" type post and have a chuckle to myself.

Bless you, Robin. You made what I think was intended as a simple statement very difficult for yourself there. You're allowed to change your mind, remember, it happens.
Sideways yo!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2009, 01:07:43 pm »

Give you a pillion on the roads around the ring RR?  Up for it?   :driver:

....Thankyou but No Thankyou! Pillion rides simply don't appeal to me.

I'd have been gagging to drive on the Nordschleife if without a car on the first visit, let alone a second visit.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2009, 01:31:57 pm »
One the first visit i was asked and gladly accepted, on the 2nd visit  I was asked and again gladly accepted.  I enjoyed the company and banter on both occasions, and enjoyed mooching about the paddock.  The next time howeevr my car or bike will accompany. 

I enjoy helping people, and if i can assist i will, and whilst assisting on both occasions, i saw an awful lot of true petrolhead exotica, so win win on both accounts. 

i don't look at it from what I can gain, purely on what i do to assist others, whilst enjoying myself.  if you talk to Steve, and nath, I did work on both their cars, and would do the same again.

My turn next time.

:happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2009, 02:42:24 pm »

One the first visit i was asked and gladly accepted, on the 2nd visit  I was asked and again gladly accepted.  I enjoyed the company and banter on both occasions, and enjoyed mooching about the paddock.  The next time howeevr my car or bike will accompany.  

I enjoy helping people, and if i can assist i will, and whilst assisting on both occasions, i saw an awful lot of true petrolhead exotica, so win win on both accounts.  

i don't look at it from what I can gain, purely on what i do to assist others, whilst enjoying myself.  if you talk to Steve, and nath, I did work on both their cars, and would do the same again.

My turn next time.

....Yes, there's always a joy in helping others. I had the joy of helping you by giving you a free* ride on your first visit and this time I was able to help Hurdy by giving him a very much needed wheel nut. But it is possible to help others and gain things for yourself. I'm sure you'll still be able to assist others when you take your car/bike with you next time.  

*EDITED to explain that "free" ride meant no contribution for fuel was asked for, as some people may not have understood my post. I think we all help each other in various ways when we can and irrespective of whether it's in a big or a small way.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 04:39:30 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2009, 02:57:46 pm »

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2009, 03:10:44 pm »
 :confused:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2009, 07:31:31 pm »
i would have asked for fuel, your a better guy than me red :laugh:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2009, 08:13:28 pm »
Glad to see you all made it back without anything bent, looks like you had an cracking weekend, some great pics at the Ring and the shots of Eau Rouge are epic  :happy2:.

I've often wondered how many laps of the Ring you would have to do before you really knew what was coming next, how many corners are their  :laugh:

Its true to say what ever track your at its always a great atmosphere and if your a bit of a petrolhead it doesn't matter what your driving you all have something in common.   :wink:

Defo next year

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2009, 09:50:02 pm »

Defo next year

....You'll be in good company, Neil. I'm sure you realise that there will always be friends who'll look after your wheelchair while you're on the Nordschleife.

^ Italian Mauro - Drives a Mk5 GTI and knows The Ring very well.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2009, 12:07:11 pm »
Calling Jay  :mad:

Video please!  :innocent:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2009, 12:10:32 pm »
yep yep...im just editing a bit of something together!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2009, 12:12:20 pm »
yep yep...im just editing a bit of something together!

:party: :party: