Make a donation

Author Topic: Contract upgrade... smart phone suggestions  (Read 905 times)

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Contract upgrade... smart phone suggestions
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:53:08 pm »
Contract is up for renewal this month & I can't decide on the new toy!

I've currently got a Iphone 4S which has been good as gold for the 24 month period, I like Iphones but after having the 3gs and then on to the 4 I am getting a bit bored now and want something new; when I originally got my iPhone apple were miles ahead in terms of tech but now I think that the other competitors have caught up and can offer good features also.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am considering the HTC one, Sony Xperia or the note3 (if I can get over the size of it!)

Also, I don't wanna pay much more than 30 odd quid a month so wiating for the s5 is not an option :)

:happy2:

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
Re: Contract upgrade... smart phone suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:16:32 pm »
Samsung S4?
Thats what I now have after being in the same situation as yourself. Also got a really good deal, free phone unlimited text, minutes and 1gb data (enough for me as I'm always using WiFi) not 4g though and pay £22.00 per month. That was 4 months ago too.

Its true what you say re: Apple against other competitors, its pretty much a level playing field now and I had enough of paying a premium. That said the S4 is miles ahead of the Iphone 4s and as good as the iphone 5s IMO :happy2:

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 02:20:20 pm »
Ive heard the S4 is pretty slow, thats the only reason I havent considered it really, but you sound pretty happy coming from the same scenario as me so thats 4 on the list to consider ;) - I'm shocking at making decisions! lol

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 02:30:16 pm »
Only thing you will find at first because you've been using iOS for so long takes a bit of getting used too, but now as my wife still has the iPhone i find it weird using that!
I think its a brilliant phone, so much more you can do with compare to iPhone. Plus the camera etc is brilliant. I've not had any issues with mine being slow etc maybe that was probably when it was first released.

One massive thing I miss though..... tapping the top edge of screen in the browser to scroll to the top quickly, such a little thing don't get why Samsung doesn't have it, or maybe I am missing something lol

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 04:13:29 pm »
I went from a 4s to an xperia z1 and love it the battery life actually lasts all day with hours of use per day but equally the HTC 1 and s4 are good phones aswell

Offline daddykool

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 07:46:39 pm »
A month ago I changed my iphone for  the Note 3 ,  what an amazing piece of kit,would never consider an iphone again after owning this, it's so fast browsing and the size of web page is now brilliant.
              Go get one ,   my son has the S4 ,but he is admiring my note 3

Offline Gide76

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 10:34:14 pm »
I fancy a change from iOS now that competition is better. My gf just bought a moto g for £100 and although spec not as good as my 5 I am struggling to see why I couldn't live with it.

What about google nexus 5? Also cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 12:54:56 am »
Contract is up for renewal this month & I can't decide on the new toy!

I've currently got a Iphone 4S which has been good as gold for the 24 month period, I like Iphones but after having the 3gs and then on to the 4 I am getting a bit bored now and want something new; when I originally got my iPhone apple were miles ahead in terms of tech but now I think that the other competitors have caught up and can offer good features also.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am considering the HTC one, Sony Xperia or the note3 (if I can get over the size of it!)

Also, I don't wanna pay much more than 30 odd quid a month so wiating for the s5 is not an option :)

:grin: :grin:

Apple have never been miles ahead of tech. In fact they always have been known for using last years tech.

Bar the 5S. They have played it safe with their mobiles.

The thousands of people i have spoken to who have left IOS to move onto android/windows phone id say 80% have regretted it.

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 10:46:50 pm »
Wait for the S5

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 07:38:03 am »

S5 is gonna fetch a site more than £30 a month I know   :happy2: