Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie From Scotland  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Lyall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Newbie From Scotland
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 08:56:59 pm »
Welcome mate. Can I ask why you are getting rid of your ep3? I am thinking of swapping the other way and doing the odd trackday with my daily drive.

Time to grow up, and I've always liked golfs! Don't get me wrong I can't fault my car it's never skipped a best and takes a good kicking!! That will be the part is miss the most and the screaming engine :(

Offline Lyall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 08:57:48 pm »
Aye welcome, another fellow scotsman, hope you have a big wallet there will always be plenty of things you want to have on your car

Cheers mate. Haha yeah let's hope so anyway man haha

Offline Wardy91-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 10:00:37 pm »
Yeah may as well do both, thanks for the info mate   :happy2:
[/quote]

No probs :drinking:

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 10:44:29 pm »
Welcome mate, everyone says only stage 1 before you know it your be getting stage 2 mods. :signLOL:

It is inevitable , however I must resist.

With stage 1 revo is it just a map that's it? Or is there recommendations for things to do before you go stage 1? Also revo claims 305bhp is this actually true ?
Apart from changing the Rev G diverter valve, the map should see 300+ but adding an induction kit will add some extra power and chatter depending on what kit you go for. :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline Lyall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 10:54:26 pm »
Welcome mate, everyone says only stage 1 before you know it your be getting stage 2 mods. :signLOL:

With stage 1 revo is it just a map that's it? Or is there recommendations for things to do before you go stage 1? Also revo claims 305bhp is this actually true ?
Apart from changing the Rev G diverter valve, the map should see 300+ but adding an induction kit will add some extra power and chatter depending on what kit you go for. :happy2:

Ideal, what kit is best to go for ? I really do want chatter  :laugh:

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 11:12:54 pm »

Ideal, what kit is best to go for ? I really do want chatter  :laugh:
I've got ITG Maxogen mate plenty of chatter, bit pricey but if you don't wanna pay that keep your eye on the for sale section. :happy2:

http://www.awesomegti.com/itg-maxogen-vw-golf-gti-mk-v-maxogen-induction-kit-ko4
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline Wardy91-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 12:43:09 pm »
So you want induction kit now too?? I did say you won't stop on just a map! :signLOL: