Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie From Scotland  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Lyall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
Newbie From Scotland
« on: March 09, 2014, 09:19:58 pm »
Hi all! Completely new to the German scene , been a honda and japan man through and through until now.

Currently drive a 252bhp civic type r

however after visiting gti world Edinburgh I'm awaiting to be the new owner of a candy white edition 30 3dr manual :jumping: I've not even seen the car however but it's due in about the 21st this month!

Being new to the scene any pointers and tips for the golf are welcome.

The only plans I have are revo stage 1 map so far and maybe some lowering springs!

Offline Wardy91-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Newbie From Scotland
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 10:20:11 pm »
Hello mate welcome along. Nice type r first off, great little cars. Candy white ed30 are lovely and get some pics up when she arrives. Plans sound good but can guarantee you won't stop there when there's a stage 2+ option, talking from experience  :wink:

Offline Lyall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:29:53 pm »
Hello mate welcome along. Nice type r first off, great little cars. Candy white ed30 are lovely and get some pics up when she arrives. Plans sound good but can guarantee you won't stop there when there's a stage 2+ option, talking from experience  :wink:

Will miss it not going to lie !

I know I won't but I must keep a sensible head on haha

Offline Wardy91-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:45:05 pm »
Yep they are fun cars for sure. My mates got 310bhp supercharged one, sounds like a superbike. But once you've mapped the ed30, milltek and air intake and you won't look back

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 10:49:24 pm »
Aye, welcome Scott. I recognise your Civic from Euan boi's Facebook page ;-). Good to see someone local on the forum. What's the spec on the Edition 30? Any mods planned for it yet? Think you'll tempt Euan back to VW from his Focus ST?

Offline Lyall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 07:19:13 am »
Yep they are fun cars for sure. My mates got 310bhp supercharged one, sounds like a superbike. But once you've mapped the ed30, milltek and air intake and you won't look back

Yeah they sound amazing charged must say !

Pi think so, this is the excuse to the misses , a grown up sort of car but with power still!

Offline Lyall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 07:21:47 am »
Aye, welcome Scott. I recognise your Civic from Euan boi's Facebook page ;-). Good to see someone local on the forum. What's the spec on the Edition 30? Any mods planned for it yet? Think you'll tempt Euan back to VW from his Focus ST?

Cheers mate, yeah Euans my cousin mate !  Specs 1 women owner from new , 44k fsh and a few option extras that's as much as I know haha. I will certainly try, he's doing a lot of shooting so think he's getting a big jeep next .... But a k04 might make him want a s3 again...

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 09:07:13 am »
Welcome mate, everyone says only stage 1 before you know it your be getting stage 2 mods. :signLOL:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline Lyall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 09:58:10 am »
Welcome mate, everyone says only stage 1 before you know it your be getting stage 2 mods. :signLOL:

It is inevitable , however I must resist.

With stage 1 revo is it just a map that's it? Or is there recommendations for things to do before you go stage 1? Also revo claims 305bhp is this actually true ?

Offline Wardy91-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 12:09:06 pm »
Yeah stage 1 is just the map with no hardware mate. You might want to change the standard diverter valve to the revised rev g as the others can split and lose lots of boost. Only £40 so well worth doing, takes 2minutes to change too. And yes you will see 300+  :happy2:

Offline Lyall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 04:14:04 pm »
Is that like the billet plate thing revo do? Or have you got a link to one mate?

Any other things that brake easy worth replacing to haha?

Offline Wardy91-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 04:29:56 pm »
http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/golfmk5/oem-2-0t-diaphragm-diverter-valve-06f-145-710g

That's the one mate. Erm rtech changed my PVC valve too prior to mapping, and then your set :happy2: you might not need either, but for £60 all in might aswell change them both

Offline Sandbagsniper

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 06:14:09 pm »
Welcome mate. Can I ask why you are getting rid of your ep3? I am thinking of swapping the other way and doing the odd trackday with my daily drive.

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 07:02:32 pm »
 Aye welcome, another fellow scotsman, hope you have a big wallet there will always be plenty of things you want to have on your car

Offline Lyall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 08:36:35 pm »
http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/golfmk5/oem-2-0t-diaphragm-diverter-valve-06f-145-710g

That's the one mate. Erm rtech changed my PVC valve too prior to mapping, and then your set :happy2: you might not need either, but for £60 all in might aswell change them both

Yeah may as well do both, thanks for the info mate   :happy2: