Make a donation

Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 410 times)

Offline Black9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Need some advice
« on: March 21, 2014, 06:35:38 pm »
I've owned my 2005 tornado red 3dr GTI manual for 3 years now & it's been an amazing car. Not long ago I sold my REVO stage 1 5dr ed30 with DSG and replaced it with an E39 M5 (which I'm gonna sell soon). Still sort of regret it to this day.

The edition 30 was running REVO @ 305 bhp

BlueFlame TBE
VWR F/R arbs
VWR engine mount
Bilstein B12
WALK

A few other light mods and was a fully specked car

My current GTI is running

Eibach pro
Walk
Uprated polybushes

Some other light mods and is stock engine wise. Again it's a fully specked car but is manual rather than DSG.

Obviously GTI prices have fell recently & I wanna sell my M5 and Just have 1 car. My predicament is, do I sell my current GTI for around £5000-£5800 (market dependant) and spend another £3000 plus to buy another Eddie and then start tuning all over again or do I keep my current GTI and spend around £1500/2000 to get it almost perfect?

I wanna take a car to Germany this year so would want it to be fairly fast and handle well. If I kept my GTI I'd do the following,

BBS VZ's and new tyres
APR stage 1
Cam belt and water pump
Geo setup and various fluids
Possible clutch / flywheel
Short shifter
Possible rear ARB

I think with the above the car would be driving really well and would be more than capable to Germany and back.

The cars got 96,500 miles and still feels amazing to drive, or should I just sell up & buy another edition 30 and make it a 350 bhp animal  :driver:

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
Re: Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 07:05:42 pm »
I wouldn't sell it mate. Get a k04 turbo?

You'll lose money selling it to then have to buy a standard ed30 :(
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline Black9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Re: Need some advice
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 07:14:49 pm »
I'm not too fussed about having over 300bhp as in my last edition 30 I felt I couldn't make the most if the power due to wheelspin and lack of traction, maybe it was partially to do with cold temps and semi new michelins. So very unlikely id go down the KO4 route with my GTI.

Just a simple stage 1 and a TBE will take an ed30 to 300bhp and that's the main thing attracting me to it. Also I wouldn't mind another DSG