Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI Spring Festival  (Read 11236 times)

Offline mvb12

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
Re: GTI Spring Festival
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2014, 12:24:17 pm »
wouldn't mind if the down pour starts at midday, i'll be finished on the strip by then....... hopefully.

:laugh:
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline BLUE-STORM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • GOLF GTI VS CLIO 172 SPORT
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2014, 05:20:36 pm »
So are people planning on doing stip sign on stright a way and hope ing to get on in morning before the rain comes

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 09:30:18 pm »
Do they close the strip if it rains?
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2014, 09:59:13 pm »
Yep and then get the big Hoover out  :mad:

Dave

Offline bigeyd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 31
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2014, 10:26:43 pm »
And if you have a failure of sorts do not repeat DO NOT run the whole strip and risk dripping fluid on the strip.

I saw a gearbox go south and the driver carried on,he is still remembered by others in the queue eight years on
[/Quote]

Did he actually know?  When my gearbox went last year I didnt know until I went in for a  break as there was no noise,  bang, etc
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:23:13 am by xjay1337 »

Offline BLUE-STORM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2014, 10:43:45 pm »
Do people wanna park up and show as a group. ,  was planning to go in show and shine. And do a few track ones early in the day

Offline BLUE-STORM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2014, 09:55:16 am »
So there are a few of us in the track que.   Two. Ed30 going first.  Wonder who on here that could be , H1 and H2  both are black

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2014, 10:04:28 pm »
Turned out to be a fun day in the end even after a wet start and couple of hour delay drying the strip out when we turned up  :fighting:

Was just getting the hang if it in my new car in the afternoon then the heavens started to open again so we called it a day

Managed 13.2 twice in a row as my last attempts so I'm really happy with that  :pomppomp:

Was chatting to the guy in the dark blue mk7 golf R and his best was a 13.04  :laugh: very impressive standard time indeed

Looking to getting back down there once I've had my exhaust fitted and stage2+ loaded to see what I can manage then  :party:

Dave

P.s. Congrats to justin getting a shout out for fastest audi on the day by the announcer  :notworthy: even though he missed it cos he'd already legged it  :booty:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2014, 10:05:30 pm »
So there are a few of us in the track que.   Two. Ed30 going first.  Wonder who on here that could be , H1 and H2  both are black

I was H2  :happy2:

Well chuffed with my times - fastest Audi of the day and with over half a tank of fuel  :jumping:

2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2014, 10:07:42 pm »
Turned out to be a fun day in the end even after a wet start and couple of hour delay drying the strip out when we turned up  :fighting:

Was just getting the hang if it in my new car in the afternoon then the heavens started to open again so we called it a day

Managed 13.2 twice in a row as my last attempts so I'm really happy with that  :pomppomp:

Was chatting to the guy in the dark blue mk7 golf R and his best was a 13.04  :laugh: very impressive standard time indeed

Looking to getting back down there once I've had my exhaust fitted and stage2+ loaded to see what I can manage then  :party:

Dave

P.s. Congrats to justin getting a shout out for fastest audi on the day by the announcer  :notworthy: even though he missed it cos he'd already legged it  :booty:

Cheers Dave - was legging it to catch the 2nd half of the Liverpool game - would have stuck around for a few more runs had the heavens not opened again  :rolleye:

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2014, 10:16:33 pm »
good day met up with a few faces from the forum a chap with the s3 i forgot your name, mvb as well as others of course  :rolleye:
spent the morning with wigley-manship in the eddie going along the strip.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2014, 10:28:25 pm »
Good time Justin. :happy2:

Pity I couldn't go.  :sad1:
Golf R gone.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2014, 11:14:51 pm »
Good time Justin. :happy2:

Pity I couldn't go.  :sad1:

Thanks mate, will catch up with u next time  :happy2:

good day met up with a few faces from the forum a chap with the s3 i forgot your name, mvb as well as others of course  :rolleye:
spent the morning with wigley-manship in the eddie going along the strip.

Yo Jay, that was me chatting to u and Rich  :wink:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=javoco8s2uhq0a1j83raj008eo&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2014, 11:55:32 pm »
Nice to meet you justin. Fastest for me was 13.9. After last time doing a 14.14 I wanted to do a sub 14 so was happy with that.

The 1/4 mile does make your car seem slow tho doesn't it?

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2014, 07:51:40 am »
Hi Rich, great meeting eventually  :happy2:

Did u do your best run alone or with Jay?  :confused: