Make a donation

Author Topic: clean car  (Read 1173 times)

Offline slider955i

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 2
  • you are only here once so enjoy
    • Email
clean car
« on: March 28, 2014, 07:21:49 am »
my car needs a good clean and polish whats the best and easiest to remove all the winter grime before i give it a good polish
gt sport 170 tdi , p - torque stage 1 map 208 bhp 338 ft lb
powder coated gunmetal alloys and caliper colour change

Offline Rhys_Gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: clean car
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:07:22 am »
I would use a strong traffic film remover first. Something like crudzilla from dodo is good however this will strip previous wax layers if your polishing and then protecting with wax that's no problem tho. Otherwise something like auto finesse citrus power is good and that is wax safe. Supernatural tar and glue remover is also a good citrus based cleaner I have also heard but never used valet pro citrus pre wash is good and often added in a snow foam for a bit of extra kick. Spray on allow them to dwell for a bit then rinse off. The stronger they are just be careful how long you leave them.

Saintsteve

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 10:10:56 am »
my car needs a good clean and polish whats the best and easiest to remove all the winter grime before i give it a good polish

Hot water and fairy liquid 1st. That will remove everything including old polish and waxes.

If your want something durable , then stick with Autoglms range of products.

That's good enough to get you started.  :happy2:

Offline slider955i

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 2
  • you are only here once so enjoy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 08:06:09 pm »
I would use a strong traffic film remover first. Something like crudzilla from dodo is good however this will strip previous wax layers if your polishing and then protecting with wax that's no problem tho. Otherwise something like auto finesse citrus power is good and that is wax safe. Supernatural tar and glue remover is also a good citrus based cleaner I have also heard but never used valet pro citrus pre wash is good and often added in a snow foam for a bit of extra kick. Spray on allow them to dwell for a bit then rinse off. The stronger they are just be careful how long you leave them.

have ordered some crudzilla
gt sport 170 tdi , p - torque stage 1 map 208 bhp 338 ft lb
powder coated gunmetal alloys and caliper colour change