Make a donation

Author Topic: Wishbone bushes question  (Read 879 times)

Offline mrxbox360

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 10
  • My Ride: 2008 Golf Mk5 GT TDI Sport 5dr Reflex Silver Personal Enchanced
Wishbone bushes question
« on: March 28, 2014, 10:43:39 pm »
Hi lads i had the mot done a few days ago it passed  :happy2: but i was told my front lower wishbone bushes are weak, i spoke to a guy at dark side developments & he advised me audi tt units @£25ea but I'm considering white line kit approx £150, any tips or advice or member experience would be great help in my final choice.

Offline LiamGTi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Wishbone bushes question
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:54:47 pm »
Basically Golf Bushes have a slight split in them as standard I think this is to make them a more comfortable ride. However the split is prone to splitting the whole bush.

TT bushes are solid, so are a lot more durable, these are a common upgrade for all Golfs. I have just done this myself.

Then the Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, in my opinion is a good bit of kit but I won't get the extra £125 worth of use out of it so its not worth it to me personally, but have been advised its a good handling option if your thinking of a few track days.

Offline mrxbox360

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 10
  • My Ride: 2008 Golf Mk5 GT TDI Sport 5dr Reflex Silver Personal Enchanced
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:02:02 pm »
To be honest it won't be doing track days just the daily commute & my runaround I'm going to lower it with h&r springs also upgrade the anti roll bars as & when funds allow, my main question is would the audi tt upgrade give the tighter feel but still give some comfort or is the white line kit good up but makes the ride harsh ?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:03:56 pm by mrxbox360 »

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:05:18 am »
Give Alex a call and get some superpro bushes on. I've had superpro's normal version and now have the ALK version and both are an improvement over the standard bushes especially the SALK.

I wouldn't say the ride in mine is any harsher with them, it just gives you less movement in the console bush as the GTI bushes are not solid where as the TT ones and superpro etc are and makes other suspension components work better. Also there is a reduction in wheel hop. I would go for the SALK/WALK straight away rather than TT or normal superpro bushes

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 12:12:44 pm »
As NODZ says.  :happy2:

Superpro for me out of the 2 mentioned, great mod for the money, even with 360bhp wheel hop is MASSIVELY reduced. Around £200 ish for the Anti lift kit and the front bushes plus fitting plus a 4 wheel alignment.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~