Make a donation

Author Topic: Some advice please  (Read 714 times)

Teflon

Some advice please
« on: April 09, 2014, 12:26:27 pm »
Hi there.  I'm here as a new member but used to be active some time ago.   Can't remember the username (I have so many all around the web), and the old e-mail account is now dead, so I can't ask for a password reset, etc. etc.  Hence I'm a long time lurker but newby poster.

Anyway, I'm selling my 18k miles 07 GTI but can't advertise here 'cos this will be my first of 25 posts and the mods will (quite rightly) can me if I just try to cheat the system.  I'm on another VW forum, but it's generalist rather than GTI focused so I may not get much interest.

I need some advice on the best places to sell.  I've heard good and bad things about PistonHeads, but what's the view from here? 

Every time I've ever put a listing on Autotrader I seem to get bombarded with time wasters, people who want to offer two lollypop sticks and a Des O'Connor record, or the usual types who just want to drive the car around and then "might phone back".

I want to get a proper price for my pride and joy and hopefully sell to someone who will appreciate the car.

Any advice on the best places to advetise?

many thnaks,
Teflon.

Offline DDM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Re: Some advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 04:08:37 pm »
Hi mate, welcome back to the site, in my experiance i'd vote for ebay, this way when you receive emails ect you can check feedback scores and comments to sort of validte them if you know what i mean, and geniune buyers can also check yours, then i'd use the buy it now price but with the best offer option, then set the best offer option at the very least your willing to accept, this way ebay will control the people making low offers without you even knowing about it. and only contact you when someone makes you a offer that suits you, and it's cheaper to advertise on there too.  :happy2: