Make a donation

Author Topic: KRL's REVO Stage 1 Logs  (Read 2400 times)

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
KRL's REVO Stage 1 Logs
« on: October 10, 2009, 05:33:08 pm »
Hi All,

Well after having REVO's stage 1 map on for about a week now I thought it was about time to do some logging.  So I did  :laugh:
Settings for these logs are B6 T5 F9.

Boost and Timing Pull:

N75 (Wastegate):

HPFP Rail Pressure:

Intake Air Mass:

Overall Timing Advance:

AFR:

My thoughts are:

1.  Actual boost does not seem to be able to keep up with specified boost. So I am guessing I may have a small boost leak somewhere.  My other thought is that maybe the restrictive standard intake could be causing this as the boost seems to spike quite easily above specified but then seems to sit about 1/2 PSI below it.

2.  CFs look very good.

3.  N75 looks ok.

4.  Rail Pressure - The map seems to be requesting a maximum of 127.49 and the standard HPFP is rarely able to meet this.  It does make me wonder a little as to why a stage 1 map is requesting this much pressure on the standard HPFP as the Stage 2+ maps which take advantage of the upgraded HPFP request a max of 130 bar. 

5.  Intake Air Mass looks ok for a K04, however I think it would be improved with an intake.  It seems to drop of a little when the turbo spools and boost spikes above requested from 3000 - 3500 rpm.  I guess this is to bring the actual boost back in line with requested.

6.  Overall timing advance looks ok, it is not dripping into ATDC and is hitting around 16 at the red line

7.  AFR is sitting at about 12.2 at the redline with a fuel setting of 9.

My initial thoughts are that I could advance timing a little further - say to 6 or 7 as the CFs are good.  Also tempted to up the boost a little more to see if the gap between actual and specified remains the same.  I do not feel I could reduce the fuel setting from 9 at the moment as the HPFP is already struggling to meet the requested rail pressure.  Reducing the fuel setting would cause the ECU to request even more fuel so the HPFP would struggle to meet it and I would likely experience some fuel cuts.

Any comments and comparisons are most welcome  :happy2:

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: KRL's REVO Stage 1 Logs
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:23:14 pm »
I'm wondering if you have the correct file installed as you rightly pointed out about the rail pressure request being that of a stage 2+ file.

If you don't have an uprated HPFP then raising your present boost may bring about a fuel cut as more boost puts more "pressure" on the pump to supply extra fuel..

I would try raising T to 6 and re-log.

Suggest you check that your IC hose couplers are in fully and that your catch can valve is fully closed i.e. the winged nut must be fully unscrewed from the can.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 08:39:37 pm »
Am waiting for my SPS+ to come through the post from REVO at the moment so cannot change any settings until then.

I'd be interested in seeing any other peoples K04 stage 1 logs to see what the fuel rail pressure looks like as I'd be very surprised if AMD have loaded the wrong file.

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 01:08:06 am »
APR not REVO but mine requests and achieves 130 bar from the std pump on a stg1 file  :happy2:
nice info btw
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 09:41:03 am »
Thanks John_o.  Good to know that APR stage 1 is requesting a similar type of rail pressure as well.  Is your standard pump consistently able to achieve this?

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 09:56:11 am »
Suggest you check that your IC hose couplers are in fully and that your catch can valve is fully closed i.e. the winged nut must be fully unscrewed from the can.

Thanks Bacillus I've checked all my hoses, couplers etc and all looks ok.  Therefore I'm thinking this is more likely to be because of the standard intake.  If there was a boost leak I would expect to see the N75 working a lot harder to to try and keep up with the requested boost - which it is not as once the turbo spools the N75 is only sitting between 40% and 60%.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 10:15:50 am »
You've reminded me of Phil_McCavity who had the same findings with his stge 1 Bluefin map i.e. actual boost request not meeting requested but with good N75 duty cycle so it could well be something inherent in both your cars hardware.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 10:30:51 am »
Just did a search for the logs that were uploaded by VRStu of Phil's car but they are no longer being hosted.

You could try PMing VRStu to see if he still has them to compare with your logs.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 10:31:36 am »
sorry duplicate post...   :ashamed: