Make a donation

Author Topic: Aventador Crash  (Read 6278 times)

Offline Shaw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Aventador Crash
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 10:06:46 am »

Serves him right. If you speed past junctions you have to expect people to pull out on you.

He must not have been paying attention to the road either as the car emerging from the side road was doing so very slowly, plenty of time to brake from 30. Especially with 300mm wide tyres...

what an arse.  :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
the lambo seemed to be going like, 40-ish to me.

So are you the Barry boy that thinks 40mph in a built up area is acceptable? The 'arse' that gives car enthusiasts a bad name by being too idiotic and narrow minded to understand the consequence of speed in the wrong place.

If you want to open your car up, do it on an A road, not past a selection of parked cars in the middle of London.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
calling me a barryboy? lol nob. the speed i drive  :stupid: :stupid: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Did I say he speed was acceptable? read what i actually wrote.

I am estimating the speed, which we cannot tell for sure.

Irrespective of the speed of the Lambo, the Mazda should not have pulled out infront of the Lambo - Which would have happened likely regardless of the speed.

People pull out infront of other people because they have not LOOKED with their EYES, or they have looked but not actually paid attention to what they've seen.

A friend of mine was killed by someone pulling out infront of him on his motorcycle. He was not speeding, which was initially thought, after investigation from the authorities found him to be doing approximately 10mph under the speed limit.
So when you tell me "speed[ing] is the only reason for pulling out on people" you should really check your facts

You misunderstand and mis-quote me.

I said 'speed is the only excuse for pulling out on somebody'

'07 Mk5 GTI Manual

Offline Shaw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 10:09:46 am »
shaw have you never done a little faster in a 30 your whole life? regardless of speed he was doing the other car pulled out on him.. and when people say the mazda missjudged his speed, the mazda obviously didnt look properly.. or look atall i doubt

Yeah. I routinely speed where I feel it's safe to do so, in areas where I think the speed limit is a little tight. I accept that if somebody pulls out on me I will be at fault.

I don't speed in a built up 30 zone though.

'07 Mk5 GTI Manual

Offline Shaw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 10:15:50 am »

Serves him right. If you speed past junctions you have to expect people to pull out on you.

He must not have been paying attention to the road either as the car emerging from the side road was doing so very slowly, plenty of time to brake from 30. Especially with 300mm wide tyres...

what an arse.  :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
the lambo seemed to be going like, 40-ish to me.

So are you the Barry boy that thinks 40mph in a built up area is acceptable? The 'arse' that gives car enthusiasts a bad name by being too idiotic and narrow minded to understand the consequence of speed in the wrong place.

If you want to open your car up, do it on an A road, not past a selection of parked cars in the middle of London.

calling me a barryboy? lol nob.

Irrespective of the speed of the Lambo, the Mazda should not have pulled out infront of the Lambo - Which would have happened likely regardless of the speed.

People pull out infront of other people because they have not LOOKED with their EYES, or they have looked but not actually paid attention to what they've seen.

Why don't you join a Corsa owners club?

People can LOOK with their EYES, but can misjudge the speed of a car if it's travelling unusually quickly. In order for you to judge the speed of something your brain has to take note of the object position at several points in time and then calculate its velocity. This is difficult to do unless you're practiced at estimating higher speeds.

It's easy to look and think 'yeah, he's 200 yards away I can go' but suddenly he's driving through the front of your car.

'07 Mk5 GTI Manual

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 10:19:48 am »
take note of the objects position in several points? dunno about your eyes shaw but when i am pulling out of a junction with mine i can usually tell if a car is coming towards me to fast to pull out pritty easily especially down a small road like that
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:22:25 am by Pikey Motorsports »
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline Shaw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 10:26:34 am »
take note of the objects position in several points? dunno about your eyes shaw but when i am pulling out of a junction with mine i can usually tell if a car is coming towards me to fast to pull out pritty easily especially down a small road like that

It's the science behind how the brain and eyes estimate the velocity of an object. It's not something you consciously do.

I'm sorry guys, I accept I'm wrong. The Mazda is at fault. Poor Lambo.

'07 Mk5 GTI Manual

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 10:30:25 am »

It's the science behind how the brain and eyes estimate the velocity of an object. It's not something you consciously do.

I'm sorry guys, I accept I'm wrong. The Mazda is at fault. Poor Lambo.

good chap lol
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 10:45:47 am »

Why don't you join a Corsa owners club?

People can LOOK with their EYES, but can misjudge the speed of a car if it's travelling unusually quickly. In order for you to judge the speed of something your brain has to take note of the object position at several points in time and then calculate its velocity. This is difficult to do unless you're practiced at estimating higher speeds.

It's easy to look and think 'yeah, he's 200 yards away I can go' but suddenly he's driving through the front of your car.

and yet somehow that's the fault of the person who gets pulled out infront of?

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 10:56:32 am »
Its true to say if the mazda didnt pull out the accident wouldnt have happened. Theres no denying that.
But the mazda insurance company will surely argue the speed point and probably have the settlement at 60/40 in favour of the lambo.

I dont agree with any of the driving in the video.. these super car drivers in london are normally morons... thats not to say they all are.. just a lot of idiotic driving I see with my own eyes when I'm there. I guess thats bound to happen when you inherit 40million with no education lol

But the mazda driver is just as bad if not worse for being unaware. Speeding or not, he should not have pulled out on the lambo.. and if the lambo was going too fast, its part of the mazda drivers job to carefully make a decision/judgement on the speed its approaching. Fail to do that... and well, look what happens!

Offline Twiggy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 11:09:46 am »
I am sure the highway code says that 'you should not pull out if you are going to cause a fellow motorist to have to brake' this is harder in london but still should be thought about every time we pull out of a junction.

Awful to see any car crash but especially a fellow VAG car ;)

On a positive everyone walked away.

2005 mk5 R-tech custom stage 1

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 12:48:01 pm »
You'd think with those massive brakes he would be able to stop quicker lol?  :driver:
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline adminkatana

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 12:56:11 pm »
Hard to tell if he doesn't brake until after he hit the Mazda? If you watch it slowly you can't actually see them lit until after he clips the BMW.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 02:13:37 pm »
maybe he just thought mmm bet i can make that gap before the mazda gets on my side of the road  :driver: :driver: then oops maybe not  :rolleye: no matter will get dad to buy me another  :signLOL:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 02:20:12 pm »
Made me chuckle!

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 02:52:47 pm »
Actually the more I look at it they're both equally at fault, the Mazda for pulling out but is it me or does he look like he accelerates to try and make the gap infront of the Lambo at the same time as the Lambo then blips his throttle to maybe get infront of the Mazda? The Lambo driver is IMO driving like a tit, too fast and in a car like that a simple blip of the throttle see's you at 40-50 in a split second.

I have first hand experience of a similar accident, many moons ago I was testing out my new exhaust and was driving way, way too fast in a built up area, a railway truck edged out infront of me, then pulled all the way and I went under it. although in the eyes of the law he was at fault and I got away Scott free. I fully believe if I was driving at the right speed and not like a total tit a) He would have seen me and judged my speed/distance better and b) I would have had time to stop or at least brake before hitting him.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 04:13:52 pm »
When I took my driving test, I was told that if I pulled out in front of a car from a junction/roundabout and the other car had to slow down, it would go down a major on my test, even if the other car was speeding.

Obviously in a situation like this, the lambo driver will be "at fault" for using excessive speed on a street lol.

But I think those mazdas are vile, so the lambo did the world a favour by smashing the front in :signLOL:
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2