Make a donation

Author Topic: Aventador Crash  (Read 6280 times)

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Aventador Crash
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 04:38:54 pm »
they are both at fault

mazda driver for pulling out
Lambo driver for driving faster than the road conditions allow, you don't get airbourne travelling below 30mph
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 04:48:07 pm »
you don't get airbourne travelling below 30mph

:grin: hahaha
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4nof77foq2e5mhqb9f8shs7c1p&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 04:49:35 pm »
you don't get airbourne travelling below 30mph

:grin: hahaha

You do if the the front end of your car drives over the front wheel of someones car.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 06:11:03 pm »
I reckon the lambo was doing 60mph or so. Stuff always looks slower on camera

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 08:19:53 pm »
Amazingly someone just happened to be pointing his camera at nothing whilst filming when all of sudden a Supercar came past.    :popcornsoda:

It is obvious he knew he was being filmed so accelerated as he went past.  I am sure most of us would also get a bit excited and show off but not on a  busy street with so many obstacles.  Somebodies innocent child could have been easily caught up in that mess.
Hopefully he will get the book thrown at him and if he is a man he will accept it. 
Don't do silly sh*t in silly places.   :driver:

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 08:57:46 pm »
Just seen this thread, just to kick it off again, I'm sure there's a EU requirement for airbags to deploy above 40mph isn't it? I might be wrong, but if I'm right, the lambos airbags haven't gone off so he can't have been going really fast.

None the less pretty spectacular how he got some air!

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 09:17:57 pm »
Airbags only deploy if there's an accident where they'll be useful. In a head on collision the airbags will deploy. On a side swipe like this, airbags will not have any positive effect, in fact would probably have a negative effect as the driver would be blinded and shocked, and lose control as a result. The airbag sensors decide when to deploy airbags (and to what level on higher end cars) and clearly in this situation they were not needed on the Lambo as both occupants walked out.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2014, 09:22:55 am »
Yes the Lambo driver was going too fast but that didn't cause the accident,  it was the fault of the Mazda for pulling out without properly looking.  The Mazda driver 'assumed' a speed of another vehicle approaching (that's if he/she actually saw the Lambo in the first place).  You cannot assume all approaching vehicles will be approaching at a 'certain' speed, it could have be an unmarked police car really shifting along or anything else. 
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2014, 10:52:10 am »
I've seen somewhere these tech type geeks have tried to calculate the speed and come back with a calculation of between 31-33mph.
I guess the lambo guy will be forwarding these scientific findings to his insurance :signLOL:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2014, 11:02:15 am »
So those big brakes managed to scrub off 30mph or so lol

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2014, 11:02:29 am »
If you watch it with no sound it really doesn't look like he was going that fast. Regardless of speed it will be the mazdas fault. My friend pulled out a junction while a drunk guy with no insurance screamed up a street at 60+ mph into the side of him and it was deemed his fault for pulling out... not exactly sure how that one worked out. :laugh:

Offline Jakesangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2014, 01:18:47 pm »
As Graeme said, the Mazda driver will be 100% liable. Their insurance company wont even argue the case. They will want to settle the claim as soon as possible especially as the Lambo driver will no doubt want a courtesy car of equal measure whilst the Lambo is being repaired. The hire charges alone for that type of car could cost thousands if the Mazdas insurance company delay, not to mention the personal injury claim they could also potentially face The general rule within Insurance is that if somebody pulls out of a side road whilst you are travelling along the major road and have right of way then it will be the fault of the person emerging from that side road regardless of speed. Of course there will always be an exception to the rule, but this wont be one of them. :happy2:

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2014, 01:43:45 pm »
If you can afford a Lamborghini, you can afford to fix a Lamborghini  :happy2:

If you can afford a GTI, you can afford to fix a GTI, then?

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2014, 11:06:42 pm »
It's the owner of the parked bimmer i feel sorry for - imagine getting back to your pride and joy and seeing it farked because of two nobbers  :sad1:

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2014, 06:49:56 am »
As Graeme said, the Mazda driver will be 100% liable. Their insurance company wont even argue the case. They will want to settle the claim as soon as possible especially as the Lambo driver will no doubt want a courtesy car of equal measure whilst the Lambo is being repaired. The hire charges alone for that type of car could cost thousands if the Mazdas insurance company delay, not to mention the personal injury claim they could also potentially face The general rule within Insurance is that if somebody pulls out of a side road whilst you are travelling along the major road and have right of way then it will be the fault of the person emerging from that side road regardless of speed. Of course there will always be an exception to the rule, but this wont be one of them. :happy2:

No one has right of way on the road. All drivers are required to give way when necessary. One particular sentence stands out...

"Always give way if it can help to avoid an incident."

The Mazda driver should give way at the junction, but once he's over the give way line then it becomes equal responsibility to give way to the other driver(s). The driver of the Lambo will win the claim here, not because he's in the right, but because his well paid lawyer will make sure he does.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.