Make a donation

Author Topic: Aventador Crash  (Read 6283 times)

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 34
Aventador Crash
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:01:44 am »

TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
Re: Aventador Crash
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 03:04:25 am »
Going to be completely honest, I have no sympathy at all for him.

Put aside any argument for the car emerging from the side road, the speed in that area is completely not unnecessary, and I suspect the car misjudged the lambos speed!

British car but left hand drive interestingly. Nice gf on right I see. Secretly the local residents probably were quite happy considering all the alleged issues they put up with re super cars. Be interesting whether a prosecution occurs for either drivers.

And I see there is a Ferrari behind? Which could suggest a but of a play!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:21:59 pm by jonnym »
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 07:11:03 am »
Doesn't actually look as though he was going that fast but sounds like it's just a blip of the throttle before impact, but on a car like that and a busy London street it's going to be risky, thankfully it wasn't a cyclist or a pedestrian.

My main question is why was someone walking down the street filming a fiesta slowly emerging from a junction, just at the right time??????? :popcornsoda:

Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 07:17:36 am »
The person filming it seems to follow supercars so was probably just got "lucky" filiming the crash.

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 07:24:24 am »
The person filming it seems to follow supercars so was probably just got "lucky" filiming the crash.

Yeah suppose they could be "Carparazzi" a'la 5th gear last night lol......
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Shaw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 09:10:52 am »
Serves him right. If you speed past junctions you have to expect people to pull out on you.

He must not have been paying attention to the road either as the car emerging from the side road was doing so very slowly, plenty of time to brake from 30. Especially with 300mm wide tyres...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
'07 Mk5 GTI Manual

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 09:27:51 am »
looks like he did give it a blip just before but deserves it? i wouldnt say he deserved it im sure 90% of us havent been angels in the past after getting a new exhaust etc

it doesnt show the full story but he wasnt going that fast and i wouldnt say he deserved to smash a 300k+ car up! was more the other cars fault imo..

probaly isnt even his either
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 09:34:29 am »
the lambo actually took off
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 09:35:28 am »

Serves him right. If you speed past junctions you have to expect people to pull out on you.

He must not have been paying attention to the road either as the car emerging from the side road was doing so very slowly, plenty of time to brake from 30. Especially with 300mm wide tyres...

what an arse.  :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
the lambo seemed to be going like, 40-ish to me. so a bit faster, but we cannot tell for sure. it for all we know may be doing dead on 30mph.

there is NO excuse for people to pull out on you. especially speed!!!! this is the mazda's fault completely. the amount of times you hear someone pull out infront of you, only to say "you were going way too fast" - if i was going too fast you wouldn't have pulled out on me??!?!??!

you can't see behind the camera (to the right further down the road) who's to say there's not a van or another vehicle blocking the road causing restricted vision for the lambo a few seconds

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 09:36:02 am »
looks like he did give it a blip just before but deserves it? i wouldnt say he deserved it im sure 90% of us havent been angels in the past after getting a new exhaust etc

it doesnt show the full story but he wasnt going that fast and i wouldnt say he deserved to smash a 300k+ car up! was more the other cars fault imo..

probaly isnt even his either

+1111

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=cohlka6guiastauoju1kovb52e&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:40 am »
If you can afford a Lamborghini, you can afford to fix a Lamborghini  :happy2:

Offline Shaw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Aventador Crash
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 09:42:34 am »
When I speed a accept that if someone pulls out on me it'll be my fault.

You can't expect somebody to spend their life driving on roads where people do 30mph and then suddenly have to adjust to a car doing 60mph in the same place.

Now you don't have 10seconds to pull out and get up to 30mph, you have 5 seconds to pull out and accelerate to 60mph.

Anybody who drives like that in a built up area is a moron. This time a few bits of metal were damaged, next time it could be a young child bounced down the street.

"there is NO excuse for people to pull out on you. especially speed!!!! this is the mazda's fault completely. the amount of times you hear someone pull out infront of you, only to say "you were going way too fast" - if i was going too fast you wouldn't have pulled out on me??!?!??!"
Speed is the only excuse for pulling out on somebody.

Edited out tw@t.
'07 Mk5 GTI Manual

Offline Shaw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 09:47:06 am »

the lambo seemed to be going like, 40-ish to me.

So are you the Barry boy that thinks 40mph in a built up area is acceptable? The 'arse' that gives car enthusiasts a bad name by being too idiotic and narrow minded to understand the consequence of speed in the wrong place.

If you want to open your car up, do it on an A road, not past a selection of parked cars in the middle of London.

'07 Mk5 GTI Manual

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 09:59:36 am »
shaw have you never done a little faster in a 30 your whole life? regardless of speed he was doing the other car pulled out on him.. and when people say the mazda missjudged his speed, the mazda obviously didnt look properly.. or look atall i doubt
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 10:00:33 am »

the lambo seemed to be going like, 40-ish to me.

So are you the Barry boy that thinks 40mph in a built up area is acceptable? The 'arse' that gives car enthusiasts a bad name by being too idiotic and narrow minded to understand the consequence of speed in the wrong place.

If you want to open your car up, do it on an A road, not past a selection of parked cars in the middle of London.

calling me a barryboy? lol nob. the speed i drive  :stupid: :stupid: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Did I say he speed was acceptable? read what i actually wrote.

I am estimating the speed, which we cannot tell for sure.

Irrespective of the speed of the Lambo, the Mazda should not have pulled out infront of the Lambo - Which would have happened likely regardless of the speed.

People pull out infront of other people because they have not LOOKED with their EYES, or they have looked but not actually paid attention to what they've seen.

A friend of mine was killed by someone pulling out infront of him on his motorcycle. He was not speeding, which was initially thought, after investigation from the authorities found him to be doing approximately 10mph under the speed limit.
So when you tell me "speed[ing] is the only reason for pulling out on people" you should really check your facts