Make a donation

Author Topic: K03 revo affects dsg shifting?  (Read 3932 times)

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
K03 revo affects dsg shifting?
« on: April 07, 2014, 07:18:41 am »
I have revo stage 2 on my K03 DSG GTI. I have had it now for a couple of years and I had a different sw before that.

There is somekind of problem with the software, after changing the B-T-F settings with SPS device the DSG shifts smoothly and everything is fine. However when time goes by, the shifting pattern starts to change. I start to get jerky shifts. If I change the SPS settings, its fine again! Why does it do this? Does the adapting ecu somehow change the communication between dsg box? Is the engine torque that the gearbox sees modified due to torque limiters in dsg?

I have done the dsg basic settings and it helped, I had clutch slip and it cured it. But it doesnt change this described behaviour. Does anyone else get this? Im starting to hate the software because of this. Stock mode is fine, I dont drive in stock mode that long though.

My earlier software did not bypass the torque limiters in the dsg and it didnt have this problem. It was a lot better when just cruising because it had stock calibrations in low load situations and low revs. I would change it back but I think its too late to ask for money back.

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: K03 revo affects dsg shifting?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:32:12 am »
A stage 2 ko3 wouldn't hit the dsg's torque limit.

What are your mods?

Clutch slip doesn't sound good....nor do jerky changes

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:16:29 am »
A stage 2 ko3 wouldn't hit the dsg's torque limit.

What are your mods?

Clutch slip doesn't sound good....nor do jerky changes

Stage 2 k03 produces enough torque for the box to limit it. I have logged this from DSG, its clearly visible there. This was the case with my previous sw, which is why I jumped to revo.

After the revo, I had small amount of slip between gear changes when new gear was changed. After the Basic settings this was cured and I havent seen it since.

I have s3 ic, ebay 100 cell downpipe with stock catback, oettinger turbo-outlet kit which deletes the turbo muffler, carbonio intake with pipercross filter, deleted the "sound generator" inlet pipe, new stock HPFP and cam follower just changed. I think thats mostly it.. And of course revo stage 2 running 6-4-9 at the moment.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 02:32:32 am »
When was your DSG fluid and filter last changed?  Manky fluid can have a noticeable effect on shift quality.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 07:48:14 am »
When was your DSG fluid and filter last changed?  Manky fluid can have a noticeable effect on shift quality.

Good point, DSG fluid and filter change is just coming up. I have about 3000km left before service. Im hoping this will have an affect!

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 08:54:10 am »

Good point, DSG fluid and filter change is just coming up. I have about 3000km left before service. Im hoping this will have an affect!
Depending on how long the fluid has been in the box, and how manky it is when drained - it can take a couple of weeks after the DSG fluid change before shift quality improves.

My personal advice for your state of tune would be to half the DSG fluid and filter change interval - from four years / 40k miles - to two years / 20k miles.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 08:20:38 am »
Depending on how long the fluid has been in the box, and how manky it is when drained - it can take a couple of weeks after the DSG fluid change before shift quality improves.

My personal advice for your state of tune would be to half the DSG fluid and filter change interval - from four years / 40k miles - to two years / 20k miles.

Just changed the dsg fluid + filter yesterday. The quality of the shifts improved. However Im on stock mode which works well anyway, I will change now to revo and after about couple of weeks should be clear if this really fixes anything.