Make a donation

Author Topic: My GTi Progress Thread - Ring Trip  (Read 63831 times)

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
My GTi Progress Thread - Ring Trip
« on: October 12, 2009, 09:42:46 am »
here is my progress to date

08/09/2009

Well picked this up a couple of weeks ago

my word, what an upgrade from my 1.2 corsa lol

drinks fuel like theres no 2mora but thats only until i get over the power lol

i'll let the pictures do the talking

all the usual gti specs such as auto wipers/lights etc

extras; full leather, heated seats, parrot bluetooth that plays through the cd player, colour coded skirts, lower rear bumper, lower front bumper

23/09/2009

passed MOT y'day and ive just recieved everything so i can fit HID's into the lights today so they will be in either tonight or 2mora night
finally got my private plate on and got some pressed plates too, on the look out for a civic type r aerial atm but mods are coming slowly lol
few recent pics frm my other thread

im just gonna update this one rather than making new ones with my progress

get paid on friday ant i think im going to be ordering a bra for it, not for looks as not a massive fan but i do abit of motorway millege and the corsa's bonnets in a state from stone chips so think its a wise move for when ive got long motorway journeys

29/09/09

well tried to fit HID's but its not as simple as the corsa they got bulb holders and decoders which was the simple bit but then the wiring bit i couldnt fatherm out, saul popped down and he couldnt either so wasted night on friday tbh

pressed plates are on

HID's

golf in bits for nothing in the end lol

29/09/09

bra time lol
this isnt a regular thing just for long motorway journeys, it was fitted here as id just got it
only been on one since n that was for a 60mile motorway journey

also on way back frm the red rose area i managed to get this out of her

and also my hid problem

look below where both the wires going into the light are both coated black so i have no clue which is positive or negative therefore can't connect HID wires

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:13:55 am by liver »

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: My GTi Progress Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:45:19 am »
*10/10/09*

HID's fitted and fully working, including automatic lighting and when i lock/open the car, finally lol

HID's moounted

then cleaned the car and took some pics

only problem is all the sidelights i have wont work as the car thinks the bulbs have blown due to reduced amp power with them so turns them off and light symbol comes on the dash so the lights are looking gay atm

cheers for looking

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 10:00:23 am »
Great progress so far!

You just need to put a reistor in line before the bulb so the car doesn't sense the drop in voltage from the led!  :happy2:

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 10:09:21 am »
cheers, is this hard to do??im useless with electrics tbh lol

also im not sure what colour to do my vw badges on the front and back.

Im wanting the gti on the front grill red i think hmmm

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 11:01:22 am »
Car looks nice mate, H.I.D.'s are a bit of a touchy subject on here, I hope TT does not see this thread!  :grin:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 11:06:39 am »
Car looks nice mate, H.I.D.'s are a bit of a touchy subject on here, I hope TT does not see this thread!  :grin:

cheers mate, yeah they seem to be on all golf forums lol i knew i would get a slating for putting them in on forums but the vision is better and ive never had any problems with the police when i had them in my corsa

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 12:08:19 pm »
personally I hate HIDs as have been blinded by them in the past. rest of the car looks sweet as tho, love the colour with the colour coded bumpers and skirts.
How are you finding the leather seats on long journeys?do they get a bit sticky?
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 12:43:17 pm »
looks great dude. not a fan of the H.I.D colour but the rest is spot on

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 01:45:04 pm »
personally I hate HIDs as have been blinded by them in the past. rest of the car looks sweet as tho, love the colour with the colour coded bumpers and skirts.
How are you finding the leather seats on long journeys?do they get a bit sticky?

cheers mate, i find they can be, especially on a warm day, so glad for the heated seats when its cold on a morning, they don't half wake you up when you first get in lol

looks great dude. not a fan of the H.I.D colour but the rest is spot on

:happy2:

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 06:45:36 pm »
yeah mine can get bad especially as I'm traveling around to job interviews at the moment in a shirt they can get a bit warm! spose you havent had yours long enough to experience leather on a boiling summers day! you have to open the windows for a bit before you can get in the seat! sometimes I think the leather is a bit of a pain but then I look at the interior with them and im glad I have it!
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone

Offline glasgowdubber

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 10:03:36 pm »
Looks good buddy, I actually like them in this colour, saw an R32 similar, nice to see them in not so every day colours.
My mate has the exact same hids in his, I saved up and waited patiently for a set of R32 Headlights to come up for grabs on ebay, and retro-fitted them. Possibly the best mod I've done to the car.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 11:36:22 pm »
for the sidelights you can get some l.e.d ones with inbuilt resistors or pcb.

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 09:05:24 am »
yeah mine can get bad especially as I'm traveling around to job interviews at the moment in a shirt they can get a bit warm! spose you havent had yours long enough to experience leather on a boiling summers day! you have to open the windows for a bit before you can get in the seat! sometimes I think the leather is a bit of a pain but then I look at the interior with them and im glad I have it!

yeah i had half leather in my corsa n that could be bad plus my dads always had full leather so i knew what i was getting myself in for. They are deff worth it

Looks good buddy, I actually like them in this colour, saw an R32 similar, nice to see them in not so every day colours.
My mate has the exact same hids in his, I saved up and waited patiently for a set of R32 Headlights to come up for grabs on ebay, and retro-fitted them. Possibly the best mod I've done to the car.

yeah i know what you mean mate i havnt seen many in this colour, i wanted a red one as i found this colour hard to find for sale so when this came up i had to get it. I already had the hid's from my previous car so thats mainly why iv put them in instead of waiting for r32 lights, plus can always keep an eye out for them also

for the sidelights you can get some l.e.d ones with inbuilt resistors or pcb.

have you got any links to these mate??

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 12:29:44 pm »
Looking at doing something in engine bay next, wnating a camo theme and was thinking of viny wrapping the parts shown below. For some reason i want the pink camo but can't find it anywhere. Also need to look into it as the centre one will get hot so need something that wont be affected by this

or

which do people think/ ideas for anything else

Offline red-snake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • RED-SNAKE
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 05:22:24 pm »
id leave the wrap out mate i fitted some HIDS  im my mates car had same problem ,
we had to get a pro put to sort them