Make a donation

Author Topic: remaps again and price  (Read 1574 times)

Offline spliff1star

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
remaps again and price
« on: October 12, 2009, 09:57:40 am »
I'm looking at a remap the end of this month by apr or revo! What have u guys paid for a stage 1 remap and where have u noticed the gains(mid range low range etc) bare in mind I'm talking no mods just yet. 

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
Re: remaps again and price
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 10:23:02 am »
Std Gti or Edition 30/Pirelli ??  I assume std GTi looking at your profile .....

However, there are basically gains everywhere !

Revo and APR to my knowledge come in with a fair punch in the mid range as the turbo bites that tails off ever so slightly towards the red line (but still loads more than normal!). 

Revo can be adjusted when the car is remapped so it is not too aggressive ....

Both will follow the same type of power delivery - just alot more of it. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:24:38 am by SO8 »

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 10:27:18 am »
with the standard gti the gains are everywhere.  Most noticable is the way the power comes in with a bang and 2k rpm.  Its great because you can drive it as fast as previously keeping it around 5-6000 rpm just using 3-4000.  It's a massive difference.  I'd love to see a mag like evo review a stage 1 revo GTI.  They already think the gti is brilliant but with the extra power its a completely different animal.  Ref prices, you'll struggle to get below the ex vat £499 rrp

Offline spliff1star

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 12:01:59 am »
I have a big grin on my face just reading that I should have the cash end of the month so is a remaped gti allot different to a remaped ed30

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:06:28 am »
I have a big grin on my face just reading that I should have the cash end of the month so is a remaped gti allot different to a remaped ed30

Can  only comment on a remapped Edition 30 ..... mine was quicker with a Superchips Bluefin Stage 1 map than the Z4M I have just bought !!   .....once moving that is ....

Getting off the line was not easy once remapped but how often do you actually do that !  It is all about on the move.  Damp or wet then forget it - but that's the same with all cars bar 4wd.

I can honestly say that the Superchips remap of my 'old' Edition 30 was the best money spent on any upgrade I have ever bought for any of my cars - the Edition 30 responds stupidly well to remapping  :evilgrin:

Offline Rich

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 10:48:07 am »
I'd go for REVO if you want aggression  :happy2:

Remapped GTi is quicker than a Standard ED30/Pirelli... BUT the ED30/Pirelli have a bigger turbo than the GTi ( KO4 ) which gives huge potential for remapping  :smiley:

Remapped GTi i'd expect 250bhp - potential for 270bhp ( with exhaust and further stages )
Remapped Ed30/Pirelli 300bhp - potential for 360bhp ( with exhaust and further stages etc... )

Certainly puts the R32 in the shade... but i just love the sound of that thing ! :love:

~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline spliff1star

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 06:20:14 pm »
So a normal gti can only achieve 270 with exhaust and filter etc? Don't the older 1.8Ts gain 285 with mods? I just want the remap for now but I have witness a fully loaded ed30 remaped and moved very quick indeed lol

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 06:37:11 pm »
A good remap on a GTi - REVO or APR i'd say, expect around 240 - 250 bhp roughly

You sure will notice the difference though - you wont be left dissapointed
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline spliff1star

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 07:26:50 pm »
As long as it makes a difference that's ok with me! This remap is to laugh at my friends mk5 r32! I seem to hear more praise about apr and revo

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 08:35:59 pm »
As long as it makes a difference that's ok with me! This remap is to laugh at my friends mk5 r32! I seem to hear more praise about apr and revo

between giac revo and bluefin