Make a donation

Author Topic: think my pcv has gone!  (Read 10955 times)

Offline BMX

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: think my pcv has gone!
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2009, 05:16:45 pm »
still not sure why the car bust this valve imediately after removing the catch can but it does seem strange to me. anyway just glad its all sorted out
"If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Offline BMX

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2009, 06:43:01 pm »
noticed today that theres still oil round the cap, so went for a spirited drive when i got back there is alot of oil around the cap again, not as bad as before but still alarming, i took the pcv valve in bits to check the diaphram and its ok but it doesnt look like a new one at all, very crusty oil etc they told me they had fitted a new one. should i take it back or just buy a new pcv and fit it myself? leaving the car etc is a pain
"If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2009, 10:36:30 pm »
noticed today that theres still oil round the cap, so went for a spirited drive when i got back there is alot of oil around the cap again, not as bad as before but still alarming, i took the pcv valve in bits to check the diaphram and its ok but it doesnt look like a new one at all, very crusty oil etc they told me they had fitted a new one. should i take it back or just buy a new pcv and fit it myself? leaving the car etc is a pain

Got any photos of the PCV?  Have you tried the BSH replacement.

http://www.bshspeedshop.com/store/product.php?productid=16937&cat=1119&page=1

Offline BMX

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2009, 06:58:31 am »

Got any photos of the PCV?  Have you tried the BSH replacement.

http://www.bshspeedshop.com/store/product.php?productid=16937&cat=1119&page=1

lol yeh it all went pete tong when i removed that  :confused: