Make a donation

Author Topic: Possibly Good News.. For Everybody  (Read 12709 times)

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
Possibly Good News.. For Everybody
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:15:36 pm »
Recently joined another VAG forum and been speaking with a guy named Paul about recalls and due to my late fiasco with VW on the paint warranty issue on the front arches i asked him about it and what was the next best thing i could do to get around it and get this done under the 12 year paint warranty as VW should.

Anyway.. i received a private message back with the following:

i have just been told the rules changed a while ago regarding paint warranty but only yesterday afternoon it has been changed again i think due to customers complaining and if all criteria's are met VW will now pay 100% on cars upto 10 years old then 50% 11 and 12 years old. I have been told by my warranty guy if you wait a few weeks and try again at Preston or if you can arrange a meeting here with our warranty guy you should be able to get it done free of charge but dont hold me on that as its not my department

hope this helps

Regards

Paul

So thats my possibly good news for you all on the forum and thought i would spread the word as if this goes well then everyone that suffered from the rust issue could possibly revisit VW in around a months times and try again to resolve the issue and wallah.. job sorted. :happy2: Hope this goes through but i will visit VW in around 2 - 3 weeks as i was told to in the private message and will then let you know what happens from then on and hopefully from then on i can let you guys know the results and then everyone can give it a go fingers crossed

Offline J400uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98768.0.html
Re: Possibly Good News.. For Everybody
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:16:55 pm »
Sounds good  :happy2:

I assume this isn't conditional on all the servicing been done with VW?
2015 Audi TT Sport Scuba Blue 2.0 TFSI 230 PS

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:20:28 pm »
Doesn't change a thing to me.
Corrosion warranty is 12 years. Written in the handbook.

Offline Juicetin

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:45:38 pm »
I am interested to know what the "all criterias" are.
As you say, this could well mean full service history required through the dealer .

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 11:02:10 pm »
I am interested to know what the "all criterias" are.
As you say, this could well mean full service history required through the dealer .

If that's the case, That is utter boll*x. How can where you've had your servicing done have anything to do with the design fault that's caused this problem? This is VW's fault that they've had this issue, and as Jay say's it's a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty that they should honour.  :fighting: :fighting:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 12:41:30 am »
Mine is going into Preston Lookers tomorrow morning for the shore coolant leak and turbo noise so I'll be sure to ensure about the wings. I was going to anyway as I've noticed some bubbling starting but given that you've specifically mentioned Preston I will certainly see what they say.

Offline Gates

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 04:56:23 am »
Would this cover the boot lid too, mine has started flaking off and corroding underneath the badge on the boot?

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 11:32:45 am »
I assume this isn't conditional on all the servicing been done with VW?

That would be unlawful.  EU block exemptions make it illegal for a car manufacturer to insist only their own franchised dealers must service the car in order to honour warranty.  Sadly, Vindis, and many other stealers still try it on an refuse warranty.

Oh, and this thread deserves a sticky!  :happy2:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline bbfb10

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83664.0.html
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 02:52:06 pm »
Went into Parkway VW in Derby today to get my wings looked at. Bloke took pics and measurements etc and said he would refer it to VW head office. I told him that l had heard VW were now doing 100% contributions, he did confirm that he had seen the email. Twenty minutes or so after leaving l got a phone call from him saying VW were offering me 50%, but if I wanted to phone him to 'discuss my options' he would be happy to help me.

Sounds good.

EDIT. VW Parkway referred me to VW Customer Care on 08000833914. Spoke to Arnie who is escallating the case. Due a call back within 48 working hours.

Will keep this thread updated.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 03:14:26 pm by bbfb10 »

Full VCDS Hex + Can.

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 03:38:45 pm »
^ typical crap you won't get anywhere.

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 07:17:57 pm »
Like i say guys this isn't definite.. this is possibly good news to us all.. this is still pearly stages.. as i say the "rules" VW have apparently have only just been changed BECAUSE all of the uproar and complaints VW have received from people like yourselves and me and they have now began to change it. Yes this may not apple to absolutely everyone and it may not fully change what they've said about their "12 year paint warranty" BUT it does seem US VW customers are finally getting through to them and they are doing something about it and hopefully it will get better and we may hear more good stories about people getting their rust issues sorted.

Just thought it would be good to spread the word as i've heard that VW have very recently changed their "Rules".

Hope this helps and people manage to get their rust issues sorted. and yes it does apply to the boot lid etc as far as i'm aware but i cannot confirm as i do not work for VW but i have got the message form somebody who does.

Offline J400uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98768.0.html
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 07:04:54 pm »
Went into Parkway VW in Derby today to get my wings looked at. Bloke took pics and measurements etc and said he would refer it to VW head office. I told him that l had heard VW were now doing 100% contributions, he did confirm that he had seen the email. Twenty minutes or so after leaving l got a phone call from him saying VW were offering me 50%, but if I wanted to phone him to 'discuss my options' he would be happy to help me.

Sounds good.

EDIT. VW Parkway referred me to VW Customer Care on 08000833914. Spoke to Arnie who is escallating the case. Due a call back within 48 working hours.

Will keep this thread updated.

Any update on this?  :smiley:
2015 Audi TT Sport Scuba Blue 2.0 TFSI 230 PS

Offline bbfb10

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83664.0.html
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 08:35:25 am »
Not yet. I had a call back from VW UK really quickly (cant fault their response times at all) saying that because the car is showing on their system as belonging to someone else I need to wait until I get my V5 back from the DVLA, then go into my local dealers to change the details on the system, then contact the bodyshop.

Sounds like a PITA but Im slightly hopeful that after making me jump through a few hoops I will get a reasonable result.

Full VCDS Hex + Can.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 09:37:13 am »
vw wrexham did mine 100% free when Preston refused to.

even with vw only paying 50% a good bodyshop will still turn a profit. thats vw wrexhams own words.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 09:53:15 am »
It's not the dealers that are refusing the warranty it's VW not approving it.

It wouldn't make sense for any dealer to turn down warranty work as its VW that pay them for it.

Unless said dealer is being offered 100% from VW and trying to milk some extra cash from the customer or VW might have a cap on the labour charges and the dealer is tying to get the shortfall from the customer.