Make a donation

Author Topic: A massive £25 Halfords Voucher!!!!!  (Read 1463 times)

Offline irish_ram

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
A massive £25 Halfords Voucher!!!!!
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:31:57 am »
For my birthday I was given a whole £25 voucher for Halfords.

Now I have bought a few tools from there in the past like small ratchet set, torx bits etc but wondered what other tools would come in handy with the Golf MK5.

I know £25 is quite small but likely would be putting cash towards it too. Was looking at the package tool sets and wondered if anyone thinks these are useful.

My other option would be to buy some caliper paint etc as replacing my brakes soon so could take the opportunity to paint them.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: A massive £25 Halfords Voucher!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:35:38 am »
What kinda work do you do on your car?  A 12 point spline bit set would be a good addition.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:50:59 am »
What kinda work do you do on your car?  A 12 point spline bit set would be a good addition.

Well I have only really got started doing things on my car.

To date have swapped cosmetic things like front/rear VW badges, debadged, changed aerial and fitted a GTI rear bumper. Have also replaced stereo, OEM intake, oil filter and spray painted alloys.

My next project is likely going to be replacing my brakes and PADS and taking the opportunity to spray my calipers. Have actually just seem the tool on Halfords for winding in Caliper but is a lot dearer on halfords than on ebay so don't think I will waste the money on Halfords one.

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 12:31:02 pm »
So have had a scout on halfords and have found the list below of where I am going to spend my money

Bulbs - Not really sure on Bulbs so if anyone could point me in the right direction of what good upgrades to get
Wiper Blades - Probably just some Bosch ones as mine are starting to wear
Flaring Tool Kit - Only in as my Induction kit needs a hole in the 90 degree pipe so this would come in handy
Valve Caps - Probably a bit chavvy but did some plane black ones on there with no terrible bright colours which would look nce
Spline set - Seen a set on here that had the size I need for the nut on my Calipers for changing brakes.

I am starting to look at Bulbs as the favorite but do not want to waste my money on some cheap crap ones from Halfords if they ones they have are not good

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 01:06:19 pm »
Just a thought:-

The item which will save you the most money as a DIY is the rear caliper wind back tool with the funds you've got.

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 01:08:47 pm »
Just a thought:-

The item which will save you the most money as a DIY is the rear caliper wind back tool with the funds you've got.

Good point, I have seen them on Ebay for a tenner though so paying £30+ for one seems a bit excessive maybe  :surprised:

Offline arris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 06:20:00 pm »
I wouldn't buy bulbs from halfords.

To be honest your best bet would be buying cleaning gear as its 3 for 2 currently  :happy2:

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 06:20:30 pm »
G clamp, pipe grips , mole grips, breaker bar, punches, these all come in handy and of course the go to tool of any mans tool box a big f**k off hammer   :signLOL:

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 06:32:54 pm »
G clamp, pipe grips , mole grips, breaker bar, punches, these all come in handy and of course the go to tool of any mans tool box a big f**k off hammer   :signLOL:

Well just wandered around Halfords for 40mins(they must have thought I was either a thief or a homeless person  :laugh:) and everything I saw in terms of tools I can get cheaper elsewhere so in the end just to spend the voucher I got the Haynes Manual and some nice plain black wheel valve covers(not chavvy honest)  :confused: