Make a donation

Author Topic: can anyone help with a P1503 error code plese ESP after 10 mins  (Read 1854 times)

Offline rawtor51

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding the fault code I'm getting back

My ESP light will come on 10 or 11 mins into a journey and will not switch off unless the car is turned off and on again, this will give me another 10 mins until it comes on again.
The car runs great just like it should but this damn light is now getting to me and I'm unsure what to try next

I have measured the voltage at the battery, 14 odd volts with the car running.
I also found a thread on the TDI forum where a lad with a Seat had a similar problem which turned out to be a broken wire, I've had a look and can't see any broken wires either.

Has anyone here had this problem or could give me some direction of my next steps.

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline rawtor51

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
Re: can anyone help with a P1503 error code plese ESP after 10 mins
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 07:14:00 pm »
thanks for that , would a new alternator come with a voltage regulator attached ?

Everything in the fuse box looks ok although I haven't had it right out, would it be noticeable if it was burnt or is it underneath out of eyes view.

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 07:20:19 pm »
thanks for that , would a new alternator come with a voltage regulator attached ?

Everything in the fuse box looks ok although I haven't had it right out, would it be noticeable if it was burnt or is it underneath out of eyes view.

Go to halfords they hook you alternator upto a machine that checks it and the battery, all done for free.

Offline rawtor51

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 07:23:25 pm »
sweet, thanks, guess where I'm going tomorrow then  :happy2: