Make a donation

Author Topic: Test drives Mk7 GTI - Mk7 R - S2+ Eddy - M135i  (Read 4084 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: Test drives Mk7 GTI - Mk7 R - S2+ Eddy - M135i
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 07:33:17 am »
BMW's is coded, I'm fairly sure you can turn it off as well as adjusting volume.
Sideways yo!

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 07:44:18 am »
Can't it be disconnected beddie?

Yeah it can mate, need to do an old school unplug it job but not found time to take the scuttle and wipers off so I can get to it and unplug/make the exposed plug watertight as the soundaktor wiring is fed directly from the ECU, so need to do a proper job of it ideally  :happy2:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 08:04:09 am »
Well I'll say something, they made a very good job of making it sound realistic on the R - when I was driving It I had the stereo on and the synthesiser would of been on its lowest due to the driving mode but I had no idea it was through the speakers, so I decent job in that respect - it may be a different story if you are listening out for it right enough.
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 08:17:05 am »
Like anything, it gets better with evolution I guess. Done right, I don't have an issue with them.

What else is on the hot hatch horizon?

Focus RS
Golf R Evo
1M
RS3
Swan song Megane
Civic Type R

Any more??
Sideways yo!

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 09:07:02 am »
Well I'll say something, they made a very good job of making it sound realistic on the R - when I was driving It I had the stereo on and the synthesiser would of been on its lowest due to the driving mode but I had no idea it was through the speakers, so I decent job in that respect - it may be a different story if you are listening out for it right enough.

As Mike says done right they are not 'that' bad, sadly though VAG have gone down the budget route compared to BMW and others as the VW synthensiser is actually a vibration box fitted under the scuttle panel rather than a speaker and doesn't play through the stereo unlike the BMW system...
Quite a few people over on the mk7 forum are having issues with the soundaktor rattling which the dealers are putting am down to the excess volume used in race mode and/or poor insulation from the factory, mine is a 1st gen unit but works on the same principle as the new one and it sounds like a vuvuzela imo  :grin:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here