Make a donation

Author Topic: Returning member  (Read 906 times)

Offline motogp46

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Returning member
« on: April 13, 2014, 09:49:49 pm »
Hi

After a two year flirtation with an Audi and a BMW, I'm returning to the GTI having just purchased a Tornado Red '08 GTI, so now very happy! It's only done 29k and has leather and Monza 2's already, which I'm pleased with. However, this forum is not good for the wallet as I'm already planning:

RNS510 with Bluetooth
MK6 GTI gear knob (nice red stitching)
Possible xenon lights, subject to price
Plus of course, Stage 1 Revo and change DV.

Just a couple of q's, think from all the posts that the rev G is the DV to go for though I've seen other posts saying the D is better due to the heat of the turbo. Let me know any views. Also, does anyone know of any good places to get this done in the Berkshire area? Tried one place and they said I'd have to go for the Forge DV at £295 due to Stage 1 as it will just blow the std DV's. Do they just smell cash?

Cheers and pics posted once I take delivery.

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
Re: Returning member
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 02:14:50 am »
Welcome mate, I recently changed to the rev G which seems to be holding my boost a lot better so personally I think they was just after your money and as its a 5 minute job to change you might aswell give it a go yourself and save a few quid. :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 12:23:24 pm »
Welcome mate, I recently changed to the rev G which seems to be holding my boost a lot better so personally I think they was just after your money and as its a 5 minute job to change you might aswell give it a go yourself and save a few quid. :happy2:

Its a bit more than a 5min job on a K03 GTI (unless you have a ramp).

When you go for your remap, the installer may have a ramp and swap the DV for you  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline motogp46

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 05:33:23 pm »
Great, thanks for the advice. I'll have another go and the savings will pay for more upgrades!