Make a donation

Author Topic: R-Tech Highly recommended!  (Read 2684 times)

Offline L17JDH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
R-Tech Highly recommended!
« on: April 12, 2014, 09:13:37 pm »
Took my car down to r-tech this morning for a stage one map, lucky for me it was only a 15 minute drive away but coming away from there today I would of happily drove anywhere in the uk to let these guys re-map my car.

Niki and the lads were really helpful and perform a top service!

My 2005 gti with a ko3 turbo, evoms intake, miltek cat back and a pre-cat delete made 211bhp and 228ft torque

After r-tec worked their magic it came out with 259bhp and 326ft torque (that was with a broken rev d diverter valve will be upgrading to a rev g next week after speaking to Niki about it)

After the car came out of the workshop niki took me out for a  test drive and talked me through the map and how the car will feel and drive.

Then it was my turn to give the car a test drive and wow the car feels so much quicker the power delivery is just so nice and smooth and pulls so well I wasn't expecting to feel as quick as it does now.

I got out of the car with a massive smile on my face definitely the best money I've spent on the car.

Couple of pics

Standard black vw golf mk5 gti 2005 // evoms intake, miltek cat back, pre-cat delete, r-tech stage 1 remap, Mercedes alphards, kw coilovers.

Offline Shoy1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 18
Re:
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 09:15:30 pm »
This is supposed to increase fuel economy as well, right?

Offline L17JDH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 09:26:29 pm »
This is supposed to increase fuel economy as well, right?

Yes I think it can, something I didn't notice on the drive home though lol  :driver:
Standard black vw golf mk5 gti 2005 // evoms intake, miltek cat back, pre-cat delete, r-tech stage 1 remap, Mercedes alphards, kw coilovers.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: R-Tech Highly recommended!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 10:23:46 pm »
Saw this on Niki's Facebook  :happy2:

Great results. He said how much difference the VVT mapping makes and you can see it on your graph, particularly in the mid range

You need to change your signature now  :grin:

Fuel economy will be about the same (if driven the same).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:28:59 pm by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 11:13:09 pm »
Spotted this on his FB page early, really will have to get my pre-cat sorted and go back for a tweek  :signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline L17JDH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 09:41:34 pm »
Saw this on Niki's Facebook  :happy2:

Great results. He said how much difference the VVT mapping makes and you can see it on your graph, particularly in the mid range

You need to change your signature now  :grin:

Fuel economy will be about the same (if driven the same).

Will have to check out his Facebook page lol, I'm really happy with the results completely transformed the car.

Updating my signature now lol

Offline L17JDH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 09:44:23 pm »
Spotted this on his FB page early, really will have to get my pre-cat sorted and go back for a tweek  :signLOL:

Definitely get the pre cat sorted makes a great difference even before getting it mapped  :smiley:

Offline magicgilbert

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 06:33:09 pm »
Need to get my bits sorted for stage 2 and niki do he's magic with it, was next door at dynodaze Sunday to see what it was at with the stage one it had done from amd before I brought the car. With all the positive feedback it's where I want to take mine and in 20mins down the road
Torando Red ED30 num:1913 with stage 1 @ 296bhp