Make a donation

Author Topic: LHD Rear Lights on a RHD car  (Read 1564 times)

Offline daedos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
LHD Rear Lights on a RHD car
« on: April 22, 2014, 07:49:20 pm »
It seems the R32/Ed30 dark rear lights are a fair bit cheaper on eBay.de. Given they'll be LHD, can they be used on a RHD car. Googling says you just need to switch the rear fog reflector inside. Can anyone confirm this?  Thanks

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: LHD Rear Lights on a RHD car
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 08:04:14 pm »

Its true.  Also swapping the wires over?  I put LHD inner lights on my Leon when I lived in Germany.  Fog and Reverse on opposite sides, was just a case of snipping the fog & reverse wire and crossing them over

Offline Carpy25

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
    • Email
Re: LHD Rear Lights on a RHD car
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 08:10:44 pm »

Its true.  Also swapping the wires over?  I put LHD inner lights on my Leon when I lived in Germany.  Fog and Reverse on opposite sides, was just a case of snipping the fog & reverse wire and crossing them over

swapping wires is a quick fix but I don't think having a fog light on the left N/S of the car will pass an MOT you could as I've done fit a red bulb in the fog so it shines red through the clear lens red , that will mean you will have a red rev light not legal but I believe that rev lights are not tested on the MOT so you could remove the bulb for the MOT , but someone who's up to date with current MOT regs will need to confirm the rev light thing

Rob