Make a donation

Author Topic: David Moyes - SACKED!  (Read 9978 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: David Moyes - SACKED!
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2014, 02:47:39 pm »
Some people make a big deal out of it. There are dozens of teams in the London area to follow and people still choose to support the bigger clubs in the area.

Supporting a team comes down to 2 things:-

Family (who they support)
Preference.

END. OF.  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2014, 03:02:46 pm »
Some people make a big deal out of it. There are dozens of teams in the London area to follow and people still choose to support the bigger clubs in the area.

Preference.

No it comes down to these 2 things

Where u are from
And then family
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2014, 03:29:56 pm »

Preference.

No it comes down to these 2 things:-

Where u are from
And then family

Not in our house .
It came down to family...............Mum being from Manchester and worked for United, Dad being from London who supported Arsenal, I chose United even tho at the time most of mates at school supported Liverpool  :grin:

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2014, 07:33:14 pm »

United will be back in a year or two (I said last year it would be 2-3 years ) and the haters can go back to hating a winning club  :signLOL:
[/quote]

Hope that's not at me hahaha couldn't care less if man utd win anything, it's time for you lot to move over now I think you've had your time now  :wink:

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2014, 07:38:45 pm »

Preference.

Comes down to where your from and/or who your family come from/support.

I just don't get the preference well I do that's why all glory fans pick man utd because they want to support a winning team. I just couldn't do that I'm proud to wear the colours of MY city.

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2014, 08:08:07 pm »

United will be back in a year or two (I said last year it would be 2-3 years ) and the haters can go back to hating a winning club  :signLOL:

Hope that's not at me hahaha couldn't care less if man utd win anything, it's time for you lot to move over now I think you've had your time now  :wink:

Anyone reading this thread would be forgiven for thinking otherwise :laugh:.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2014, 08:11:41 pm »

United will be back in a year or two (I said last year it would be 2-3 years ) and the haters can go back to hating a winning club  :signLOL:

Hope that's not at me hahaha couldn't care less if man utd win anything, it's time for you lot to move over now I think you've had your time now  :wink:

Anyone reading this thread would be forgiven for thinking otherwise :laugh:.

Ha I guess so  :happy2: I know and that's all that matters
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:13:44 pm by Chris92 »

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2014, 08:29:19 pm »
Tbh I agree, it probably wont be the same. The rise of Chelsea/City and a resurgent Liverpool has made it more unpredictable.

Next season any of these teams look like they could occupy the top four:

Man Utd
Liverpool
Man City
Arsenal
Everton
Spurs
Chelsea

In the past you always had a similar number of teams suggesting a title challenge but you new that some would fall away by Xmas and it would be United or Arsenal/Chelsea.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:30:50 pm by GTI5 »
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2014, 05:14:02 pm »
Get innnnn! The 1st time in my life that I've ever backed Chelsea!  :pomppomp:

Congratulations to Sunderland too. Out of relegation zone and hopefully to safety. I like Gus Poyet.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2014, 09:02:13 am »
fair play to chelsea, if they had won 1-0 and a penalty been given against Flanagan would not be hard to take but it was just the manner of the goals which was tough to swallow.

Willian goal - was the ball not played forward by Torres ie would have been offside but was not offside because there were no defenders at all in front of them?  :confused:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2014, 01:14:03 pm »

Preference.

RIP supporting your local football club then, if that's the logic of your average Premier League club 'fans' (a shady phrase, at best) in the Sky era :sad1: :sick: :confused:
I genuinely think that's terrible for the structure of the game and I'm sure a lot of Prem club fans on this forums' local sides are much more successful and bigger than my club too, if not playing at a much higher level of football.

And before anyone asks - yes I do. My season ticket costs me under £100 a season and I can stand inches from the players with a pint in my hand enjoying the game  :P :evilgrin: :grin:

(Not criticising anyone for supporting the club they do and for not supporting certain clubs, just doing my bit for the lowly non league slash local club football :wink:)
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2014, 04:45:40 pm »
I could support Oldham. My local, local team but id rather bludgeon myself to death with something blunt. The tickets prices are far behind utd's, the shirts cost as much, the stadium only has 3 sides and is made out of paper mache and old war time battles ships n the team's sh*te to an epic scale.  :signLOL:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2014, 05:27:25 pm »
I could support Oldham. My local, local team but id rather bludgeon myself to death with something blunt. The tickets prices are far behind utd's, the shirts cost as much, the stadium only has 3 sides and is made out of paper mache and old war time battles ships n the team's sh*te to an epic scale.  :signLOL:

Quite a few of mates support Oldham (being from Saddleworth), and agreed they are pants!

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2014, 06:18:20 pm »

Quite a few of mates support Oldham (being from Saddleworth), and agreed they are pants!

LOL that's not what it's about is it!  :booty:

I'd rather support Oldham (if I lived there) than United, City, Liverpool, Bolton, Everton, Blackpool... whoever.

I just don't get the 'pick a top 6 side that's won something recently' or 'pick the club your uncle or dad supports' when they don't support that club at home or away games, as much as they can (again, not saying you two have). I know the cost is extortionate at the top flight, fully appreciate that - especially for a family.

...But that's an even bigger reason to support your local club regardless of their size  :P

I've been to Old Trafford & the Emirates for a couple of Prem and CL games this season and for me even if I supported either or lived in Mancs/LDN, I'd feel totally detached from the whole experience other than being there for the 'big' match.

The home chants and support is sh*t compared to most non league games I've been at, too  :evilgrin:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2014, 06:39:13 pm »

LOL that's not what it's about is it!  :booty:

I'd rather support Oldham (if I lived there) than United, City, Liverpool, Bolton, Everton, Blackpool... whoever.

I just don't get the 'pick a top 6 side that's won something recently' or 'pick the club your uncle or dad supports' when they don't support that club at home or away games, as much as they can (again, not saying you two have). I know the cost is extortionate at the top flight, fully appreciate that - especially for a family.

...But that's an even bigger reason to support your local club regardless of their size  :P

I've been to Old Trafford & the Emirates for a couple of Prem and CL games this season and for me even if I supported either or lived in Mancs/LDN, I'd feel totally detached from the whole experience other than being there for the 'big' match.

The home chants and support is sh*t compared to most non league games I've been at, too  :evilgrin:

I agree most of the so called top clubs have sh*t support, it's all quiet until they score then they have a little pipe up then all goes dead again zzzzzzzz.

Get yourself in the away end with the goerdies  :wink: that's what you call support still out singing the home support even when we getting smashed 3,4,5 - 0  I'm sure someone will disagree tho  :rolleye: