Make a donation

Author Topic: New tyres time....again  (Read 2818 times)

Offline bimbound

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: New tyres time....again
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 06:45:53 pm »
I went for the Michelin PS3 for my ED30 also - no regrets!

If it helps, Michelin are doing £30 cash back if you buy two 18" tyres:
http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/special-offers/fuel

I used click on tyres as they are part of the cashback offer: http://www.clickontyres.co.uk/
Ring them up and ask for more discount (i got free delivery last time)

In case you do fancy the Good Year F1's, GY are offering £20 cashback on 2 F1's. Click on are also part of this promotion: https://www.goodyear.eu/uk_en/tire-advice/free-fuel-promotion/

Dunlop are also doing £20 Cashback but i cant see where to search for participating dealers: https://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_uk/what_sets_dunlop_apart/promotions/

Hope this helps

Rich

This is good info  :happy2:

I'm just wondering did you order your tyres and have them delivered? I only ask I recently ordered 4 goodyear tyres from camskill not even knowing this promotion was on.. The goodyear website say they are a participating retailer but looking through the Ts&Cs of the offer it seems to state: '13. Tyres must be fitted at point of purchase.' So i'm not sure if delivered tyres will count for the cashback? Will be a great bonus if they do though!

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 06:58:59 pm »
F1's or PS3's or PSS.. Vreds are a good mid range tyre

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 08:12:06 pm »

I'm just wondering did you order your tyres and have them delivered? I only ask I recently ordered 4 goodyear tyres from camskill not even knowing this promotion was on.. The goodyear website say they are a participating retailer but looking through the Ts&Cs of the offer it seems to state: '13. Tyres must be fitted at point of purchase.' So i'm not sure if delivered tyres will count for the cashback? Will be a great bonus if they do though!

I got mine (PS3's) delivered and the claim form came with the tyres. Perhaps drop Camskill an email asking them to email / send you a claim form? You have noting to lose but £40 to gain!!

Rich

Offline chris-182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 10:33:14 pm »
Glad I spotted this, gonna try and get 4 F1s with free delivery and cash back :)

Offline Hevoshullu

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 04:54:17 pm »
No one seems to point out that the Goodyear Assy 2 is a rather soft tyre. That's good for comfort and noise levels but bad for steering response and feedback. It all depends what you want from the tyre. I recently fitted a set of the Goodyears and now I wish I went for a harder tyre - perhaps the Michelin PS3?

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 06:00:08 pm »
No one seems to point out that the Goodyear Assy 2 is a rather soft tyre. That's good for comfort and noise levels but bad for steering response and feedback. It all depends what you want from the tyre. I recently fitted a set of the Goodyears and now I wish I went for a harder tyre - perhaps the Michelin PS3?

Surely a softer tyre grips better tho?
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 06:13:44 pm »

Surely a softer tyre grips better tho?

Maybe he means that the tread blocks have some give in them? I don't know, I'm happy with my F1s

I do know that when I had winter tyres on (really soft) it was a bit twitchy cause of the tread moving.. That's the only thing I can't think he means...?
3dr Reflex Silver GTI | BBS VZ | Eibach Sportlines | Cumbria

Offline bimbound

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 07:45:34 pm »

I got mine (PS3's) delivered and the claim form came with the tyres. Perhaps drop Camskill an email asking them to email / send you a claim form? You have noting to lose but £40 to gain!!

Rich

Fired off an email to camskill and they confirmed that goodyears have to be purchased and fitted together at the same time by the retailer so no cashback sadly  :sad1:

Offline Hevoshullu

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 08:00:23 pm »
Maybe he means that the tread blocks have some give in them? I don't know, I'm happy with my F1s

I do know that when I had winter tyres on (really soft) it was a bit twitchy cause of the tread moving.. That's the only thing I can't think he means...?

It's the sidewall structure on the Goodyear that is quite soft and flexible in comparison to many other performance tyres. Nothing wrong with the grip. Basically it is the same effect you get with the winter tyres that you explained there, although nowhere near as major.

Offline Woody.Guern

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 05:10:04 pm »
Finally got Michelin ps3's fitted to the front, quite a noticeable difference, seem toget a lot more feedback from the road surface, and all for £106 each fitted and balanced.
Would definitely reccommend these!
Thanks for your input,
Paul.

Offline MKT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 04:44:09 pm »
I've just ordered a set of 4 Goodyear F1 Ass 2. I've previously had them on my P1 & they were very good. I usually get my tyres from tyreleader they are by far the cheapest though you have to pay for fitting seperately.