Make a donation

Author Topic: NQSBBK squeal  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
NQSBBK squeal
« on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:07 pm »
Has anyone got any advise on brake squeal.
Running standard brembo discs with the 7x1mm removed from both sides and standard textar pads with backing pads from ECP and I has squeal at horrific squeal at all speeds and levels of braking. Stops on a penny but now it's starting to my head in!  :scared:
Do I need a pad with a higher carbon content? Use pagid or something? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 451
Re: NQSBBK squeal
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:01:16 pm »
Go for a run and do a few hard stops from around 80mph to around 10 mph without activating your abs. Once you start feeling brake fade let them cool for half an hour.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 09:25:21 pm »
ok il give it a shot,  :happy2: I did bed them in slowly, waiting a few 100 miles doing gentle driving and then starting using them hard.

Seems to be more low G brake stops that makes them squeal, you can make it stop but applying a harder brake pressure but its not great with ppl behind!

Offline Donx22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 09:35:17 pm »
above when i said backing pads i meant the shims that go into the piston and stick to the pas, should i be using the anti squeal shims also? or do i need to get shims form Porsche themselve, does anyone else seem to have the issue with the euro car parts pad backing?>

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 10:23:30 pm »
above when i said backing pads i meant the shims that go into the piston and stick to the pas, should i be using the anti squeal shims also? or do i need to get shims form Porsche themselve, does anyone else seem to have the issue with the euro car parts pad backing?>

The ecp dampers should work as well as the genuine Porsche ones.
Without traction power is nothing!