Make a donation

Author Topic: help with alloy refurb.  (Read 610 times)

Offline lady_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
help with alloy refurb.
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:09:11 pm »
Looking for some advice on my alloys. The previous owner has sprayed them silver and I'm looking at bringing them back to their OEM glory, they are looking a bit like over sized 17".  I'm not sure on the alloy history and what they look like under the paint I no white worm is always the problem with these. Has anyone attempted black inner scallops with a high shine silver on the face?
Thanks
Reflex silver GTI, revo intake, eurojet dogbone mount and insert, colour coded rear bumper, projector headlights, revo stage 1, precat delete, cente resonator delete, R8 coilpacks, eibach sportlines, depo projectors, 4300k hid kit... Not finished yet

Offline Human Joist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 18
Re: help with alloy refurb.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:16 pm »
You could just get them shot blasted and then powder coated. My local place charged £50 per wheel and then their like new

Offline lady_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 12:01:13 am »
You could just get them shot blasted and then powder coated. My local place charged £50 per wheel and then their like new
Thanks for the advice I have checked out some pics and think it's going to be the way to go  :happy2:
Reflex silver GTI, revo intake, eurojet dogbone mount and insert, colour coded rear bumper, projector headlights, revo stage 1, precat delete, cente resonator delete, R8 coilpacks, eibach sportlines, depo projectors, 4300k hid kit... Not finished yet

Offline Human Joist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 08:13:41 am »
This was the finish I had on my other car

Not really helpful but you get the idea and another excuse to put a photo up of my garaged toy

Offline lady_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 09:49:58 am »
Haha I no any excuse  :smiley: nice clean r32 and the alloys look really fresh. I now have to find a good place to have mine done :wink: don't want bad alloys through the summer.

Offline Human Joist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 02:00:12 pm »
I am in Redditch and I us a place in bromsgrove. Not sure if your close

Offline Paultc90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 02:16:01 pm »
I'm guessing you have 18s? My wheels where in a bad state when I got them from kerbing and white worm. Was looking to get them back to original, but getting them diamond cut was going to be a fortune. Think it was close to £500. I would have paid this but might have happened again. I went for getting them powder coated in anthracite which came up really well on my black gti. Cost me £180 for all four corners

Offline Shoy1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
Re:
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 03:30:57 pm »
^^^Are they Monza's? Any Pics? Where from?