Make a donation

Author Topic: Boost Problem - (**New Picture added Pg2 - Please have a quick look**)  (Read 6027 times)

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Logging Boost with VAG-COM - See my Graph - Page 1
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 10:20:31 pm »
It logs n75 duty cycle. The higher the number the harder the turbo is working to meet specified boost. It's quite useful to detect leaks as when the duty cycle numbers are higher than what is deemed normal something's leaking.
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Re: Logging Boost with VAG-COM - See my Graph - *added N75 graph* Help
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 11:41:46 pm »
So went out tonight and did two N75 runs, both look very different. First one look pretty bad as it drops all the way down to 63.5% but then the second one looks pretty decent. Can anyone shed any light what might be going on. Both 3rd gear pulls to redline (approx)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:46:33 am by GTI-Ross »
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 11:50:00 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong but it should never be 100% that means the turbo is working as hard as it can...

I was always under the impression that a duty cycle of around 75-80% under full throttle should be what you have..? That was when it came to diesels however.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 11:55:30 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong but it should never be 100% that means the turbo is working as hard as it can...

I was always under the impression that a duty cycle of around 75-80% under full throttle should be what you have..? That was when it came to diesels however.

It should be @ 100% till it hits needed value and then should try to maintain (85%-95%). but both logs are very different. Here is the boost log, Requested vs actual for second graph shown in PSI. Wierd?

MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Maybe take it to a tuner who can do some live logging and diagnostics..

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
Maybe take it to a tuner who can do some live logging and diagnostics..

Wish there was a decent VAG Tuner in my area. Anyways, im going to order the intercooler pipe seal / gasket and see if that fixes it, then go from there  :confused:

Offline mdmay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Where are you Ross?
Regards,

Mike

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
Where are you Ross?

Bradford / Leeds mate.

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Any further forward yet Ross?

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
Any further forward yet Ross?

Not really yet, my VW garage (who are decent fella's) are going to look at it next week, see if they can spot an boost obvious leak. For me its got to be the DV, Intercooler seals or the N75 valve. Im going to run a few more Boost vs N75 logs tonight.

I was under the car yesterday and took this photo. There is sh*t ton of oil here, which would generally mean a duff DV, but I only replaced it about 2 months ago with revision G valve. I cant see where else the oil would come from. I just hope its not coming from the turbo its self. I mean the car still boost decent, just not matching the high request

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: Boost Problem - (**New Picture added - Please have a quick look**)
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 08:52:13 pm »
Nothing worse than something niggling hope it's something simple if it's leaking from dv is it possible it's leaking where the two join mibby the rubber gasket on the dv?

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 11:53:48 pm »
Did another 3 Runs tonight and logged. It seems to be making close to requested Boost now, (which is strange as it was quite so way off the other day) but the N75 shouldn't be going to 100% as often as this....so weird  :confused:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 12:11:37 am »
Go get a smoke test done. It should show you where the system is leaking boost.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2014, 11:08:49 am »
Go get a smoke test done. It should show you where the system is leaking boost.

How much do they cost roughly?

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 71
Things such as temperature and air pressure can alter make a big difference on how the engine performs. Id really get it put on rollers to get it logged. If you are in leeds, rtech are only an hour and a bits drive away. If you had a boost leak you would get a fault code of P0299 of underboosting. I had this fault but it was the map rather than hardware.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box