Make a donation

Author Topic: Warranty Repairs - Turbo, Coolant Leak, Engine Wiring Harness (not covered-£350)  (Read 7272 times)

Offline Degudodger

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
VERY good point. I'll back away now  :ashamed:
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Haha, no worries I appreciate the input. I went through the same thought process myself and I think I will still point it out to them that there was a wiring harness replaced just over two years ago and let them convince me that they're replacing a different one now  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:52:56 pm by MikLSP »

Offline MJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
The two looms are completely different I'm afraid.
2005 VW Bora TDI 130 Highline auto. Current mods: 5.5lt washer bottle & black and aluminium A/C knobs & 312mm front brakes and 256mm vented rear brakes.
Next: turborevs SMIC, 20vt pancake pipe and silicone connectors.

VCDS, ODIS, VAS - PC and multi brand diagnostics around Manchester - pm me for help and advice

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Thought as much when I saw a picture of the injector loom and it certainly didn't look like a 5 hour job.

Offline MJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
An hour if you're dragging your feet to be honest. The map sensor loom is a pig though.
2005 VW Bora TDI 130 Highline auto. Current mods: 5.5lt washer bottle & black and aluminium A/C knobs & 312mm front brakes and 256mm vented rear brakes.

VCDS, ODIS, VAS - PC and multi brand diagnostics around Manchester - pm me for help and advice

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
By the way, does the loom just go to the ECU or will they need to take the dash out too?

Offline MJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Just to the ecu in the plenum chamber, dash removal is not required.

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Thanks, I'm glad they don't need to risk causing any damage to the interior  :wink: