Make a donation

Author Topic: tyre question  (Read 1023 times)

Offline mrxbox360

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 10
  • My Ride: 2008 Golf Mk5 GT TDI Sport 5dr Reflex Silver Personal Enchanced
tyre question
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:55:06 pm »
Hi i need some new tyres for the front of my golf 225/45/17,i v got various mixed budgets on at the mo but i want to replace all four with decent branded prob verstein or goodyear does it make any difference if the tyres are extra load rated as iv had various places giving different   answers - sorry if this question as been covered before.

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: tyre question
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:11:14 pm »
http://www.vredestein.co.uk/car-tyres/summer/ultrac-sessanta/info/

If we are talking ultrac-sessanta, they only do a XL in that size and no it doesn't make a difference. Maybe less ride quality and better handling but 100x better than a random collection of cheap tyres.

Offline slider955i

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 2
  • you are only here once so enjoy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 02:43:41 pm »
goodyear f1 asymmetrical 2
gt sport 170 tdi , p - torque stage 1 map 208 bhp 338 ft lb
powder coated gunmetal alloys and caliper colour change

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 02:51:59 pm »
http://www.vredestein.co.uk/car-tyres/summer/ultrac-sessanta/info/

If we are talking ultrac-sessanta, they only do a XL in that size and no it doesn't make a difference. Maybe less ride quality and better handling but 100x better than a random collection of cheap tyres.

i have them and like them very much

they have brought out the ultrac vorti now as a replacement which is even better.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:47:57 pm »
Hi i need some new tyres for the front of my golf 225/45/17,i v got various mixed budgets on at the mo but i want to replace all four with decent branded prob verstein or goodyear does it make any difference if the tyres are extra load rated as iv had various places giving different   answers - sorry if this question as been covered before.

Definitive answer is "what load rating did the car have on from the factory". Anything less than factory fit specification could be tricky unless you ask your insurers if they'll cover you with a lower rated tyre. Mine are 94 W rated, and I'm just in the market for 4 new ones. I'm going Michelin Primacy 3 on mine, and I can get them at £90 a corner plus a tenner fitting.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.