Make a donation

Author Topic: sales and goods act trade regulations consumer protection  (Read 3171 times)

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
Re: sales and goods act trade regulations consumer protection
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 12:27:27 am »
I think I'm getting old.
Is no one prepared to put their hand up anymore and admit they f#%cked up?  Is it a generational thing to try and blame anyone and/or everyone when something goes wrong? I'm sure Jamie's a lovely chap, kind to animals & his grandma and regularly tips large in Pizza Hut but surely he knows he's not got a leg to stand on throwing this back at the supplying car dealer? 
Jamie. Look in the mirror, admit your failings as a man and pretend you never started this thread. Oh, and in future, stick to the service plan religiously.  Your whopping repair bill will be down to you and you alone. Suck it up.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Well said.
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 12:29:41 am »
I think I'm getting old.
Is no one prepared to put their hand up anymore and admit they f#%cked up?  Is it a generational thing to try and blame anyone and/or everyone when something goes wrong? I'm sure Jamie's a lovely chap, kind to animals & his grandma and regularly tips large in Pizza Hut but surely he knows he's not got a leg to stand on throwing this back at the supplying car dealer? 
Jamie. Look in the mirror, admit your failings as a man and pretend you never started this thread. Oh, and in future, stick to the service plan religiously.  Your whopping repair bill will be down to you and you alone. Suck it up.

I still don't understand where the sales and goods act has come from

He hasn't been sold a dodgy car

He was too tight to get it serviced when it was supposed to be done

He has found a problem (the misfiring), ignored it and continued to abuse the car

Then has the cheeky to say the garage should be paying for it

Just feel sorry for the car :(
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline ARV_90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 06:36:34 am »
I think I'm getting old.

I still don't understand where the sales and goods act has come from

He hasn't been sold a dodgy car

He was too tight to get it serviced when it was supposed to be done

He has found a problem (the misfiring), ignored it and continued to abuse the car

Then has the cheeky to say the garage should be paying for it

Just feel sorry for the car :(

Think you are right fella everyone wants to shift the blame when they cock up... How many miles has it done and when were the plugs last changed, Probably got half inch gap and just blown themselves away... Try fitting a set of plugs and see how it goes first, If it runs ok get it checked with VCDS to see if it picks anything up. Oh and get it serviced the next problem will be the oil light on because the pick up pipe is blocked with sludge !!! then it will be knackered. But good luck with it and I hope all is well and you learn a lesson from this... Pay someone to service it on time.

Offline Cupra_Jay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 01:02:04 pm »
Thanks you all for the advice some of you for your kind words. In my defense when the misfire happened I figured it would be spark plugs that needed changing and given it was a sunday night and I don't keep the car during the week I got it cleared and the misfire went. I parked the car up with the intention of having them changed the following friday as I commute by public transport. It happend on a wednesday night

Yes I gave the car a boot but I dont drive my car aggressively like a majority that redline. 4500/ 5000 max n I change gear .the small misfire happend again as I was slowing down. And as I got bk on the A roads the big misfire happened and I crawled home. All I asked was if I could get around having someone fix it. Some reasoning as how ill be unsuccessful in doing would have been nice not being told off.

Anyways im yet to get the head off to see the damage whether it is an injector that failed burnt a valve or worst case scenario the piston is cracked or melted. I took everyones advice and didnt bother calling the dealer

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 01:07:00 pm »
Thanks you all for the advice some of you for your kind words. In my defense when the misfire happened I figured it would be spark plugs that needed changing and given it was a sunday night and I don't keep the car during the week I got it cleared and the misfire went. I parked the car up with the intention of having them changed the following friday as I commute by public transport. It happend on a wednesday night

Yes I gave the car a boot but I dont drive my car aggressively like a majority that redline. 4500/ 5000 max n I change gear .the small misfire happend again as I was slowing down. And as I got bk on the A roads the big misfire happened and I crawled home. All I asked was if I could get around having someone fix it. Some reasoning as how ill be unsuccessful in doing would have been nice not being told off.

Anyways im yet to get the head off to see the damage whether it is an injector that failed burnt a valve or worst case scenario the piston is cracked or melted. I took everyones advice and didnt bother calling the dealer

I apologise for being harsh

I would be wounded if I was in your shoes.

Just annoyed me that you had neglected a problem and yet you were going to try and blame the dealer

Hope it isn't an expensive fix.
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline Cupra_Jay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 02:50:06 pm »
Its ok. I get that some people treat their cars without car where others value their car with their heart. Im kinda gutted this happened as ive only had it just about three months, its my second car coming from a problematic corsa and a car ive been wanting since I was 17 now 23 and it broke in a bad way. Little leona might need a heart operation or worse transplant lol.

Saying that if an engine has timing problems is the head still good for use with no problems. I know lad selling a cdl with that problem hence why hes put it up for sale.

trying to keep costs low as possible and keep my options open